De Event Centre

Haven’t been in 18 months but I used to think they were super. For an overnight stay they were comfy enough, half decent food, nice bed and reasonable compared to others.

They were a decent chain about 6 or 7 years ago but their latest owners havent spent the money to justify their pricing.

Cutting corners and not refurbishing isn't good enough for the cost of their rooms.

I stayed in the Talbot in Stillorgan recently on a recommendation . Id normally stay in the Clayton Leopardstown and the Talbot was streets ahead and about a hundred euro cheaper.

Last edited:
They were a decent chain about 6 or 7 years ago but their latest owners havent spent the money to justify their pricing.

Cutting corners and not refurbishing isn't good enough for the cost of their rooms.

I stayed in the Talbot in Stillorgan
recently on a recommendation . Id normally stay in the Clayton Leopardstown and the Talbot was streets ahead and about a hundred euro cheaper.
I stay here regularly for work, it's come on a lot in recent years.

Food isn't bad for a hotel.

Sorry to hear that. I try to avoid ever having to stay overnight anywhere in that kip.

Id say the train is probably an ok option if you have business in the city centre of that shithole but anything out a bit is a disaster.

Lol when I pointed out the lack of efficient public transport between Cork and Dublin I had a Green rep tell me I was mistaken.

Door to door by car, 3 hours.

Public transport, 30 mins bus journey , 20 min train journey, 2.45 mins train journey, 15 mins Luas journey, 20 min Dart journey.

4hrs 10 and about another 40 mins wait between journeys. Not practical for anyone with an early meeting in Dublin.

Right now there are more than 18,000 houses to rent on Air BnB, and just 2,000 houses to rent on Daft apparently
Ah sure I’m sure most people don’t give a toss, once the €€€ keeps flowing in from the 2nd/3rd home they probably inherited tax free in the 1st place.
I’m certain about the planning, I know someone who had a property in Kinsale that was rented out for the last 15 years for weeks during the holidays and they were turned down for planning last year to continue as an Air B&B.
As far as I know Air B&B are now obliged to check that a property has all that stuff in order.

This may seem like a stupid question but can someone tell me exactly where it is meant to be going ?

Like co-ordinates in maps if possible ?

Thanks
It’s not going anywhere pal. It’s been nearly 9 years. This project is dead. No need to frazzle your mind about it.
Slimon Coveney got what he wanted from the fraud…your vote. All to obtain a position of power and prestige to rub shoulders and chuckle with his cronies in the RCYC on their brand new jetty. Remember the Americas Cup farce?

This may seem like a stupid question but can someone tell me exactly where it is meant to be going ?

Like co-ordinates in maps if possible ?

Thanks
3239834_11_articlelarge_LC_20events_20centre_2001.jpg

Ykymvkn.png

So the rumour is that some kind of government announcement about the event centre funding is due in the next month. Wouldn’t it be ironic if the press release emerged on April 1st….

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼