Darts world championship 23

Don't think you can fix it now. Go back to the smaller venues would mean considerably less money in the game, and none of them want that I'd think.

The players are just going to have to get used to it if they want to keep earning good money.
It won’t happen now but going back to the Circus Tavern would be much better. Might save us from listening to those awful songs year on year.

The last couple of sessions of the darts have been poor enough. It's great the likes of Dobey and Van Den Bergh getting far but they don't bring the entertainment quality the Wrights and Andersons would have.
Disappointing night.
Hope Smith has the darts in first set 'cos surely he'll win one of the first three sets then. Would be worried MVG could go into overdrive and be 3-0 up before we know it and nearly out of sight.

Smith will need to blast out of the traps and play the game of his life to win this. MVG is a relentless front runner, so Smith's only hope is to get ahead early. Hard to see on what has transpired so far in the tournament.

Last edited:
Smith will need to blast out of the traps and play the game of his life to win this. MVG is a relentless front runner, so Smith's only hope is to get ahead easily. Hard to see on what has transpired so far in the tournament.
I can't see anything other than an easy win for MVG. The darts he's played in this tournament have been sensational to say the least. He won two sets in 35 darts last night. Even a world class operator like Smith is going to struggle to live with that if he repeats it tonight.

I can see Smith winning 3, maybe 4 sets, but not troubling MVG at all.

I hope I'm wrong and it turns into a Taylor/Barney Taylor/Gregory Wright/Smith style classic obv.

I'll be watching United first anyway and watching the darts after, so will be avoiding this thread until late!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Jazz Improv! all players welcome

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼