Cyclists

Right you arrogant, ignorant know it all :

1. So Cork County Council at the time had no idea what they were on about, No ?

However, Mr Stritch replied: “Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) have asked us to get a motorway reclassification study done in relation to the N40 South Ring Road and what things would need to be done there if it was reclassified. The possibility of tolling hasn’t arisen in anything I have heard in relation to that.

" There is or was never a serious talk about turning the N40 to a motorway."

Money talks as they say :

http://www.tii.ie/tii-library/reports-accounts/tii-allocations-2018/2018NAT_CorkCoCo.pdf

€ 75,000.00 is loud.

So now you prick, that is your first shit comment addressed.

2. Busconnects cannot at all impact on the M28 as that is an EU Ten T road project, I have no idea why you bought the M28 into this, but knock yourself out you asshole :

From the body known as Busconnects, they have indicated on a drawing that the N40 can be used as an alternative route between Douglas and the City Centre.
The file is too large to post so go and look for it yourself, there is even maps on it.

Now Wank, there is a PDF file to feast your eyes on if you copy and paste the following into your search box;

busconnects, maryborough, city, draft, appendix, b, alternative

Lots of words but little actual relatable content.
So let's go through this.

This is what you said originally.

The plan for the N40 was to give it Motorway status and change it to M40.
But BusConnects has now messed all that up because those implementing it are advising those that travel by vehicle to use the N40, so that means that the L Brigade have to be catered for.

Your claim was there was some concrete plan to upgrade the N40 to motorway status but BusConnects stopped it.
Your post above with all your links doesn't even allude to this.

The development and implementation of BusConnects in Cork has ZERO implications on whether the N40 is or will ever be upgraded to a Motorway. To say or suggest it is just false and fake news.

So lets go through your links.

Your first link is for a 2018 road allocation which mentioned a mere €75k for a study on the potential to reclassify the N40 to Motorway.
So, what has happened since? Nothing..
Surely you know a study isn't a plan or even a serious plan (know the difference)? In fact it merely confirms my suspicion that the N40 will never be a motorway with 120km/h speed limits

Your second link is for the M28 upgrade projects.
Not one mention of BusConnects on that website...
So... whats your point? Why post that link? Beats me..

From the body known as Busconnects, they have indicated on a drawing that the N40 can be used as an alternative route between Douglas and the City Centre.

That isn't the N40 ya fool, that is the South Link road, also called the N27.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 12.00.34 pm.jpg

So in other words, your whole argument is based on you getting confused between the N40 (The South Ring Road) and the N27 (The South Link Road).
Yeap, your status of an ignorant dumbass has now been confirmed.

You are welcome.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2024/0419/1444460-slow-down/ A motorist was detected driving at 112km/h in a 50km/h zone on the Main Street, Charleville, Co Cork during the first five hours of National Slow Down Day. National Slow Down Day is aimed at reminding drivers of the dangers of speeding.
A cyclist yesterday was seen on camera (I have it on camera) on the junction of Parnell Place and Merchants Quay trying to get through people crossing the road rather than letting them cross. Nothing dangerous but Christ, what a sense of entitlement.

A cyclist yesterday was seen on camera (I have it on camera) on the junction of Parnell Place and Merchants Quay trying to get through people crossing the road rather than letting them cross. Nothing dangerous but Christ, what a sense of entitlement.
Or, more accurately: John Grace / RTBI careering at speed directly towards a crowd of more vulnerable road users (pedestrians) crossing a footpath on a pedestrian green light perpendicular to his direction of travel, and only hitting the brakes at the last moment in a clear attempt at intimidation, before pushing his way through the pedestrians instead of just waiting literally a few seconds. Essentially, a punishment pass cyclist style - like his recent video where he did similar to a wheelchair user. This was immediately preceded by him deliberately engineering a near miss with a car turning (incorrectly) across his path to enter the Merchant's Quay car park, by again approaching the junction at speed even though the car was clearly going to turn across him, and his being aware of this being a frequent occurrence at this spot (from his previous video/s at the same location).

Or, more accurately: John Grace / RTBI careering at speed directly towards a crowd of more vulnerable road users (pedestrians) crossing a footpath on a pedestrian green light perpendicular to his direction of travel, and only hitting the brakes at the last moment in a clear attempt at intimidation, before pushing his way through the pedestrians instead of just waiting literally a few seconds. Essentially, a punishment pass cyclist style - like his recent video where he did similar to a wheelchair user. This was immediately preceded by him deliberately engineering a near miss with a car turning (incorrectly) across his path to enter the Merchant's Quay car park, by again approaching the junction at speed even though the car was clearly going to turn across him, and his being aware of this being a frequent occurrence at this spot (from his previous video/s at the same location).
I never thought I say it about that idiot RTBI but fair play to him, he has you rattled in to oblivion. :lol!:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

29th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Tanya Louise & Alex

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼