Cyclists

Just looked at the picture again, is my imagination or does he have acres of space to the other side? Not absolving the van driver but is he out a bit far on the road?

yeah, I think you're right, you'd want to be a right bell end to cycle in the middle of the road and hold traffic up but I wouldn't be for knocking him down either!. I am presuming also that the van moved close to him as opposed to the other way around since the van driver got fined

https://twitter.com/righttobikeit/status/1438099875271430147

Now seriously, we know there are bad drivers out there and some don't give a fuck about cyclists but c'mon on don't take the chance either with your life. For what, so you can prove a point at your funeral? Would he not be safe out cycling in the yellow hatched area?

holy shite!

To be fair to him in this instance he was right in at the edge of the lane and clipping along at a decent speed, he is lucky he didn't come off from the windforce/suction of the truck alongside him alone :shock:

As for cycling in the yellow hatched box.. thats where all of the little stones, chippings, bits of glass, metal etc that get pushed off the main section of road by vehicles and rain (camber) go. You would get a puncture in no time in there. To be honest if that is a regular occurrence then he needs to get off that road and let that be that

Last edited:
an Irish solution if ever I've seen one! He is a massive gobshite that no doubts irritates drivers, but in the end anyone driving something that weighs a few tonnes thinking that taking a cyclist on like that is ok should not be driving. The last photo showing how close the van is to him is shocking though no matter who you agree with. Maybe he should have rung his bell a bit harder

Cyclist.png
Look how far the cyclist is out on the road though. I always cycled in by the kerb back in the day. Cost me a few buckled wheels but it's dangerous for everyone to be that far out. It looks like that can is well into the other lane to pass out.

Look how far the cyclist is out on the road though. I always cycled in by the kerb back in the day. Cost me a few buckled wheels but it's dangerous for everyone to be that far out. It looks like that can is well into the other lane to pass out.

You are by law to give reasonable consideration whilst cycling.

His Twitter is like one long video diary of how not to.

He will be racking up the E40 euro fines....

holy shite!

To be fair to him in this instance he was right in at the edge of the lane and clipping along at a decent speed, he is lucky he didn't come off from the windforce/suction of the truck alongside him alone :shock:

As for cycling in the yellow hatched box.. thats where all of the little stones, chippings, bits of glass, metal etc that get pushed off the main section of road by vehicles and rain (camber) go. You would get a puncture in no time in there. To be honest if that is a regular occurrence then he needs to get off that road and let that be that

If I'm out cycling I always err on the side of big truck or me, only one winner. No way am I taking the chance with my life that other drivers know the rules or give space. There is only one place that lad is going and it isn't Le Tour.

Look at the one ChoiceY posted with the truck!

Its a coffin he'll be racking up

He's an odious individual.

He is only buoyed up by the nodding dogs of the rabid cyclist crew telling him he's dead right to be abusing the life out of people.

I'd pay money cash Euros to have been a fly on the wall the day he strolled into the copshop to report a driver only to be handed down two fixed fines.

I wonder did he GoPro that moment?

Lmfao
https://www.stickybottle.com/latest...over-his-own-videos-of-close-passing-drivers/

But the gardaí have also issued the cyclist with two €40 fines because they said his own videos showed him cycling without due care.

“There is no major consequence for me personally, it’s just two fines of €40 and if you pay them then that’s the end of it. But I think it raises huge issues for cyclists generally."

Completely sums up his cretinous behaviour. No major consequences other than the fines he racks up. Unless and until that danger on the road is hit with penalty points and or a suspension from using the public roads he'll continue to be a danger to himself and/or other road users.

And THAT seems to be why the lycra brigade are so against having identification when cycling. They want others to have to obey the rules of the road, but they don't think the rules of the road really apply to them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Casey Black

Coughlan's, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼