Cyclists

Sad, I'm surprised there isn't more of it tbh.

Looking at the pic of Seville Place, it seems to have plenty of cycle lanes though.

original

A WOMAN IN her 30s has died after her bicycle collided with a truck in Dublin this morning.
The incident happened at Seville Place near the Docklands at about 10.55am.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
While the woman’s body remains at the scene, the driver of the truck has been taken to Beaumont Hospital as a precaution.
Diversions remain in place at the scene.
Gardaí have appealed for any witnesses to the collision to contact them at Store Street Garda Station on 01 6668000, on the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666111, or at any Garda Station.

http://www.thejournal.ie/seville-place-fatal-collision-2966958-Sep2016/?utm_source=facebook_short

Sad, I'm surprised there isn't more of it tbh.

Looking at the pic of Seville Place, it seems to have plenty of cycle lanes though.

I can imagine how it happened no problem - the traffic congestion there is ferocious, every time a light goes red you will get 2 or 3 cars racing through regardless. The junction at Guild street has a load of cars turning hard right to go back over the bridge and they are allowed take that turn on a solid green light when the traffic coming towards them has stopped due to congestion, bikes often come down the bike lane there and into the junction to find cars cutting across their path

As much as the tic tacking with cyclists/motorists goes on here for a bit of craic, cars are breaking the red lights routinely in Dublin now and its incredibly dangerous. I expect 2 to 3 to race through now and check right every time I get a green light

As much as the tic tacking with cyclists/motorists goes on here for a bit of craic, cars are breaking the red lights routinely in Dublin now and its incredibly dangerous. I expect 2 to 3 to race through now and check right every time I get a green light

YEp, its definitely getting worse, and the last week or so in particular with the schools back its been really bad.

Very sad however it happened, you need to be really careful out there.

Terrible that anybody has their life cut short but as you say there seems to be ample space for bicycles. If the truck driver was the one at fault for the unlawful death? of the lady then presumably he'll be charged.

I can imagine how it happened no problem - the traffic congestion there is ferocious, every time a light goes red you will get 2 or 3 cars racing through regardless. The junction at Guild street has a load of cars turning hard right to go back over the bridge and they are allowed take that turn on a solid green light when the traffic coming towards them has stopped due to congestion, bikes often come down the bike lane there and into the junction to find cars cutting across their path

Fuck thats pretty insane, cheers for the info.

Fuck thats pretty insane, cheers for the info.

honestly, it is the norm as opposed to the exception. I am travelling at peak times so it is undoubtedly influenced by the traffic jams but I would say that for every 5 red lights I would be stopped at a car will break them 4 times out of the 5 and generally its 2 or 3 cars. Whats worse is they accelerate into the junction to try get across it as quickly as possible which means they are accelerating towards everyone starting off with a green light crossing the junction the other way - fucking morons

Any cyclists breaking the red lights routinely in Dublin these days Honkey?

And doesn't all traffic, including bicycle traffic, have to exercise caution at junctions even if/when they've a green light as others with a green light may be crossing the junction? Seems to me from what you say things might be improved if there was a light controlled filter lane.

Any cyclists breaking the red lights routinely in Dublin these days Honkey?

And doesn't all traffic, including bicycle traffic, have to exercise caution at junctions even if/when they've a green light as others with a green light may be crossing the junction? Seems to me from what you say things might be improved if there was a light controlled filter lane.

Cyclists in Cork seem to get a trill out of cycling up one ways and breaking red lights, Gardaí don't seem to give a flying fuck.

Of course there is, but that doesn't make it right for anyone to break a red light. Especially a car accelerating through a busy junction at rush hour.

Absolutely. NOBODY should be breaking the red lights. And if that was strictly enforced by plod the roads would be much safer. They don't seem to do it for cars with registrations so you can imagine how little of a f**k they give about cyclists that do it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Hollie McNish
Wavelength (Cyprus Ave Rooftop)

9th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼