Cyclists

In some places the footpaths are wide enough to accommodate both but presumably the cyclist has no right to be on the footpath even if it's a lot safer there than on the road avoiding parked cars while at the same time looking out for the moving ones..

Lots of footpaths on the continent have a line down the middle, one half for pedestrians, one half for cyclists. It's hardly rocket science, like.

I actually make a point of it when I'm on my bike to break red lights or mount the footpath if I don't feel like stopping. Drivers are just jealous of us. Same goes for cycling side by side. It's legal and we've as much right to the road as any other vehicle.

Reading all these comments has actually reignited my passion for winding up drivers. I'm going to be doubly obnoxious on my bicycle.

Look forward to punishment passing you, Jink! Crash! Bang! Wallop! What a video!

I used to cycle in Model Farm Road in the mornings to college and the traffic was usually backed up to the business park from Dennehy's Cross. I'm pretty sure there was nowhere else to go except the footpath.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Dylan Flynn & The Dead Poets
Winthrop Avenue (@ Old Oak)

3rd Nov 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Complete Madness Ireland

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 4pm

More events ▼