Cyclists

Was driving along Sullivan's Quay approaching the traffic lights which were red at the South Gate Bridge. On my right there's a cycle lane going East. On my left there's a footpath. Some STUPID cyclist bitch, on a Cokebike (presumably from the stand by Forde's Pub) proceeds to cycle eastwards on the footpath causing a pedestrian, walking west, to step off the footpath. Yon bint cycled on without a care in the world, oblivious to the danger she was selfishly exposing the pedestrians to. Thankfully traffic was slowing for the red light anyway but I doubt that cyclist bitch even knew or cared about the inconvenience and possible danger she was putting others in

OK, I'm going to take you at your word here SoundY.. lets get to the vital facts quickly so we can make a proper assessment of matters.

- Its a gorgeous sunny day, was she wearing a lot?
- Airbags on show?
- Overall outta 10?

It would be impossible to make an objective assessment otherwise

OK, I'm going to take you at your word here SoundY.. lets get to the vital facts quickly so we can make a proper assessment of matters.

- Its a gorgeous sunny day, was she wearing a lot?
- Airbags on show?
- Overall outta 10?

It would be impossible to make an objective assessment otherwise

To be fair, I wouldn't have seen her stuck.;)
Brown wavy long hair - halfway down her back, mid-20s, bit of a tree-hugger at a guess given the flower print skirt and overall garb. Airbags were visible but not prominent if you know what I mean. About a 7 I guess

And why wouldn't you take me at my word? What on earth would make me make up such a scenario? :confused:

To be fair, I wouldn't have seen her stuck.;)
Brown wavy long hair - halfway down her back, mid-20s, bit of a tree-hugger at a guess given the flower print skirt and overall garb. Airbags were visible but not prominent if you know what I mean. About a 7 I guess

And why wouldn't you take me at my word? What on earth would make me make up such a scenario? :confused:

you seem to love a bit of drama where there is cyclists involved TBPHWYFWIW

now FWIW I think you should have knocked her down, hippys with their big hairy arm pits and legs need to be culled

Hey, I never said she had hairy pits and legs. Do you honestly think I'd give her a 7 if she did???? Yeuch! I don't think they were and I suspect she's got a well kept garden too. Pity she's such a dizzy bitch on the bike though.

The reason you think I love a bit of drama involving cyclists is I only post about the dramatic cases I encounter. It would be rather boring if I posted up each and every case of cyclists I see that disobey the rules of the road. There'd be a dozen posts a day every day from me if I was to do that.

Hey, I never said she had hairy pits and legs. Do you honestly think I'd give her a 7 if she did???? Yeuch! I don't think they were and I suspect she's got a well kept garden too. Pity she's such a dizzy bitch on the bike though.

The reason you think I love a bit of drama involving cyclists is I only post about the dramatic cases I encounter. It would be rather boring if I posted up each and every case of cyclists I see that disobey the rules of the road. There'd be a dozen posts a day every day from me if I was to do that.

I recommend anyone who happens to be on the city to observe traffic signal junctions on a regular basis. It is seemingly generally acceptable for circa 2 or 3 cars on each cycle to break red lights. I'd be much more worried about these traffic infringements than the devil's spawn on two wheels mounting footpaths.

I recommend anyone who happens to be on the city to observe traffic signal junctions on a regular basis. It is seemingly generally acceptable for circa 2 or 3 cars on each cycle to break red lights. I'd be much more worried about these traffic infringements than the devil's spawn on two wheels mounting footpaths.

Had that this morning at a major junction in Cork. Traffic was bumper to bumper, moving at about 20kph.

Signalised roundabout. As the car in front of me went through, the lights turned Orange and I stopped. The guy behind me in the queue went bananas, honking the horn, gesticulating, the works. Meanwhile three cars in the lane to my right went through the orange and subsequently red light.

Orange means stop unless it is dangerous to do so.

Red means stop.

Had that this morning at a major junction in Cork. Traffic was bumper to bumper, moving at about 20kph.

Signalised roundabout. As the car in front of me went through, the lights turned Orange and I stopped. The guy behind me in the queue went bananas, honking the horn, gesticulating, the works. Meanwhile three cars in the lane to my right went through the orange and subsequently red light.

Orange means stop unless it is dangerous to do so.

Red means stop.

amazing, thanks

When those cyclists that mount the footpaths cause startled pedestrians to step off the footpath without looking into traffic then there's potential for serious accident, much more so than slowly travelling amber gamblers in cars. Your circa 2 or 3 cars on each cycle to break red lights is over-egging it by a long chalk btw

Honky - you should probably look away now but I witnessed yet another gormless cyclist this morning cycling West out Washington Street.

He was in the cycle lane which though nominally is for East travelling cyclists but is wide enough to easily cope with two abreast so I've no problem at all with his cycling west in the lane.
But when he came to the junction with Woods Street and the vehicles all on his left were all stopped for the red light, he cycled past them and on up the cycle lane. This gormless manoeuvre caused a guy coming from Lancaster Bridge to have to slam on his brakes and he was almost rear-ended by the car behind him in the junction. Still the cyclist went on his merry way oblivious to the near accident he caused.

"Shur don't I always cycle this way - other road users should know that" seemed to be his attitude.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

The Teachers Lounge (12A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 4pm

More events ▼