Cyclists

Strong words from a Man that doesn't feel the need to threaten cyclists with 'reckless manoeuvres'.

Like the nice young Gentleman in the Audi A6 yesterday on a National Primary route that kindly sat on his horn as he passed me with a good 6 inches to spare. Only for that, I would have never known he was there as I cycled blissfully along in the middle of the road. Saved him a good 5 seconds I'd say, (Possibly not as I caught him at the next Junction when a tractor pulled out in front of him.)

I'd nearly guarantee it was an entry level four cylinder A6. They're giving Audi drivers a bad name with their two wheel drive company car tax specials.

Fucking knob jockeys.

these lads like PhishY and SoundY are all yap, sitting here musing about what they might do to a cyclist.. pffffft

lets face it, no motorist is actually going to cause an accident with a cyclist so they might as well just accept that they take 2nd place on the roads and life will improve immensely as the stress evaporates - funnily enough a cycle might do that too for them but most are too lazy to get up off their well padded arses (without the lycra)

Ah, Jayziz, no-one's talking about actually hitting anyone. It's purely psychological. Just a little fright to let them know who's paying the road tax.

You're as fixated on punishment passes (which I've not alone told you I've never done, I've told others they're crazy to do) as you are on the male appendages of car drivers.

You're as balanced as anyone else with a chip on both shoulders god luv ya.

Just remember that it's not a race. We are all trying to get from A to B. If some people want to act the bollox whilst doing that, be they cyclists, motorists, truck and bus drivers, pedestrians, tractor drivers, leave them off.

It's not worth the hassle, most of which is self inflicted if you allow minor irritations to wind you up.

Also, it is against the law to use the horn while stationary or as a "rebuke."

It's not a race. When conditions allow, (sunny, dry, no cops or speed vans,) go ahead and give your car a proper spanking.

You'll feel better for it. But when in traffic be aware of the risks and hazards involved in endangering other people's health, no matter how much of a langer they are acting.

I'd agree with some of what you say Drucker but if someone is going to act the bollox and does injure others I think it's very unlikely they'd just turn the other cheek - no matter what kind of vehicle they're driving.

Ah, Jayziz, no-one's talking about actually hitting anyone. It's purely psychological. Just a little fright to let them know who's paying the road tax.

We have established that doling out punishment passes is a figment of your imagination, but lets imagine one for a moment... I can guarantee you as someone who drives and cycles daily that you would be more frightened as a driver trying to pull it off than you would be as the cyclist in that situation. The margins for error would be tiny but the potential for a catastrophic outcome looms large

Admit it PhishY.. you've never pulled one off (a PP that is!) and are unlikely to even consider one. If you had a notion you'd shit yourself within 5m of the bike as the the back wheel distance is no longer clear over your bonnet

As an aside to all of this, I was cycling along a bike lane last week and this dope in a van decides to pull in for some reason whilst I was alongside his van. So as proceeds to squeeze me I thumped the passenger window with my fist and cycle by. I look over my shoulder to see this aul fella giving me the 'Ill box the head off you' fist over the steering wheel. I burst my hole laughing as Id have crushed him like an aunt at which point he went apoplectic.

No idea how he finished up, I picked up speed and zoomed off again

Just remember that it's not a race. We are all trying to get from A to B. If some people want to act the bollox whilst doing that, be they cyclists, motorists, truck and bus drivers, pedestrians, tractor drivers, leave them off.

It's not worth the hassle, most of which is self inflicted if you allow minor irritations to wind you up.

Also, it is against the law to use the horn while stationary or as a "rebuke."

It's not a race. When conditions allow, (sunny, dry, no cops or speed vans,) go ahead and give your car a proper spanking.

You'll feel better for it. But when in traffic be aware of the risks and hazards involved in endangering other people's health, no matter how much of a langer they are acting.

top, top post

drivers going bananas with rage, racing from one red light to the next :p

We have established that doling out punishment passes is a figment of your imagination, but lets imagine one for a moment... I can guarantee you as someone who drives and cycles daily that you would be more frightened as a driver trying to pull it off than you would be as the cyclist in that situation. The margins for error would be tiny but the potential for a catastrophic outcome looms large

Admit it PhishY.. you've never pulled one off (a PP that is!) and are unlikely to even consider one. If you had a notion you'd shit yourself within 5m of the bike as the the back wheel distance is no longer clear over your bonnet

Lol, alright. I can't even drive, let alone own a car.

I'm a bus wanker.

As an aside to all of this, I was cycling along a bike lane last week and this dope in a van decides to pull in for some reason whilst I was alongside his van. So as proceeds to squeeze me I thumped the passenger window with my fist and cycle by. I look over my shoulder to see this aul fella giving me the 'Ill box the head off you' fist over the steering wheel. I burst my hole laughing as Id have crushed him like an aunt at which point he went apoplectic.

No idea how he finished up, I picked up speed and zoomed off again

Not sure what way you crush your aunt :confused: honky but you sound very like the guy my mate encountered recently - never peddled so fast as he did after being confronted. Have you a beard by any chance. :-D

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Mike Rice: Nasty Character
The Roundy, Castle St.

1st Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

DJ Cillian Moore

The Pav, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼