Cyclists

(y) Nice one. Thanks for the info. It's something I'm toying with to not replace one of our cars and to just go either electric-bike, or I'm edging towards the more compactable e-scooter.
I plan on getting an electric cargo bike for when the 2nd fella is old enough to go to various evening and weekend activities.

Two cars is nice but it's expensive hassle for relatively small benefits if you're not living in the middle of nowhere.
There seems to be an issue with some of them going up in flames while being charged, this might be a rare occurrence but regardless I wouldn't leave one charging overnight.

Yeah, lot of energy in those batteries, heat management is no joke, especially when you're dealing with charging them. Fundamentally, lithium ion batteries are unstable devices, without the proper controls, fire, explosion and leaking isn't unusual.

It's why you should never buy cheap versions of this stuff from a random no-brand vendor online.

What what WHAT!!?

This is a YES/YES but No Shinner style turnaround.

I guess we can expect regular updates about your run-ins with idiot motorists from now on.

Very disappointing tbh.

Sorry to inform you but I guess like most people here, I'm an occasional cyclist - but one who adheres to the rules of the road and doesn't try to take on bigger vehicles on the road.

Complete traffic gridlock and mayhem now around Musgrave Park because some brats were playing a stupid rugby match.

But cyclists are the real problem.

Nope - the complete gridlock and traffic mayhem out there is thanks to the Wokies insisting on a cycle-lane that completely screwed up traffic at the Pearse Road - Curragh Road - Tory Top Road Junction. Some "planner" with his head halfway up his own @rse devised an absolute abortion of a junction that made traffic flow worse for everybody - including the occasional cyclist. It's mayhem out there when CCFC are playing or even if there's any kind of event in Muzzer.

I honestly don't see how the cycle lane makes much of a difference in this instance
Instead of having two lanes approaching the junction from Pearse Road where cars could queue up behind each other, there's now a dogleg to accommodate an almost never used cyclelane, which means cars can't queue at the lights two abreast any more. It's now single lane and traffic piled back up the road.

Nope - the complete gridlock and traffic mayhem out there is thanks to the Wokies insisting on a cycle-lane that completely screwed up traffic at the Pearse Road - Curragh Road - Tory Top Road Junction. Some "planner" with his head halfway up his own @rse devised an absolute abortion of a junction that made traffic flow worse for everybody - including the occasional cyclist. It's mayhem out there when CCFC are playing or even if there's any kind of event in Muzzer.

Nope, The traffic was always bad there when there were matches on, cycle lane or no cycle lane.
People are addicted to their cars in Cork, hence the need for alternatives.

Instead of having two lanes approaching the junction from Pearse Road where cars could queue up behind each other, there's now a dogleg to accommodate an almost never used cyclelane, which means cars can't queue at the lights two abreast any more. It's now single lane and traffic piled back up the road.

Its the same all over the city .

Total failure in planning.

Nonsense, there is never a queue of cars going up Tory top road, from Pearse road.
And besides, the old notion of allocating more road space to cars, something we have done for 50 years has been proven to be a failure.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

10th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Mossy (Crystal Bar)

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼