Cyclists

Good and bad everywhere on the road but as long as a blind eye is turned to cyclists they'll continue to cycle where they want. Should be some kind of licensing system for them - even for a nominal fee - where they can be easily identified for traffic violations

Good and bad everywhere on the road but as long as a blind eye is turned to cyclists they'll continue to cycle where they want. Should be some kind of licensing system for them - even for a nominal fee - where they can be easily identified for traffic violations

hey Sound_Y.. just to keep you amused - this mornings cycling incident..

I was just about to get to work so needed to take a right hind turn which there is a filter lane for.. thing is the cycle lane which I was in is on the left hand side of the road as they always are. So I wait for a gap in the traffic and change across the 2 lanes about 20m before the filter lane starts leaving me on the outside of the right hand lane... only for this fat, frustrated moron in the outside lane to lay the boot down, race up my ass and start blowing the horn at me. This moron was going to have to stop regardless as the lights at the junction ahead were red for straight on, my arrow happened to be green. So I slowed to a snails crawl, smiling pleasantly at the fat, frustrated fool. His wife decides at this stage that she should get in on the action and starts roaring something out the window, so I stayed in his lane instead of moving into my filter lane and rolled along all of the way to the junction counting the veins on his forehead before eventually letting him off.

I'd say he's still raging, he could do with a cycle

Did you indicate before you moved across though Honkey, and was it safe to do so - remember indicating your wish to go into a lane does NOT bestow on you the entitlement to enter the lane unless you can do so without causing a danger to yourself and/or other road users. Did the guy have to slam on his brakes where he otherwise might just have had to ease down to the red lights.

hey Sound_Y.. just to keep you amused - this mornings cycling incident..

I was just about to get to work so needed to take a right hind turn which there is a filter lane for.. thing is the cycle lane which I was in is on the left hand side of the road as they always are. So I wait for a gap in the traffic and change across the 2 lanes about 20m before the filter lane starts leaving me on the outside of the right hand lane... only for this fat, frustrated moron in the outside lane to lay the boot down, race up my ass and start blowing the horn at me. This moron was going to have to stop regardless as the lights at the junction ahead were red for straight on, my arrow happened to be green. So I slowed to a snails crawl, smiling pleasantly at the fat, frustrated fool. His wife decides at this stage that she should get in on the action and starts roaring something out the window, so I stayed in his lane instead of moving into my filter lane and rolled along all of the way to the junction counting the veins on his forehead before eventually letting him off.

I'd say he's still raging, he could do with a cycle

EucIfYY.gif

Did you indicate before you moved across though Honkey, and was it safe to do so - remember indicating your wish to go into a lane does NOT bestow on you the entitlement to enter the lane unless you can do so without causing a danger to yourself and/or other road users. Did the guy have to slam on his brakes where he otherwise might just have had to ease down to the red lights.

yes and yes - I change lanes very quickly too, gotta move fast in rush hour traffic. I waited for the opening and then switched after the cars I was too close to had gone on

he only had to hit the brakes because he accelerated towards me and finally realised he couldn't drive through me as he got to within about 1m. The lights were red, he was going nowhere anyway! Also, whether the lights were red or not I needed to cross the lanes and did so the way you should... that gobshites only thoughts were that someone was blocking him, nothing to do with whether it was ok to or not

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼