Cyclists

Did he really say - cycle lanes are not for those cycling now? like they are some kind of gateway drug equivalent for new cyclists? that is a staggering level of entitlement and I am more of a fan of Mr Boyle than most.
The thing is that the State is planning ahead for once and future use and capacity be it road/rail/light rail/cycling/active travel etc. via public transport rather than more failed parking and city centre traffic jams etc.

Coming in the western road and down the dyke you're funneled into a single lane that snakes along Prospect Row and Bachelors Quay. You can go left over NG bridge but that just brings you up Shandon Street and is pretty unsuitable for heavy traffic. Alternatively it's on up past the bridewell and OpraHouse Quay over CR Bridge and eventually up into the North inner-ring road which is a dose. Traffic from say the Kingsley in the West to Silversprings in the East could take you anything from half an hour to an hour using the North Ring Road.
In fact, if you use google maps the suggested route from the Kingsley to Silversprings is to use the south ring and come back in from the dunkettle roundabout - that's how much of a mess travelling West-East on the North Ring is!

View attachment 21294
I've just searched your exact trip right now just before 8:30am on a Tuesday morning. It takes 24 mins to go through the city and 25mins to use the tunnel according to google maps. Also it takes 24 mins on a bike through the city.

Here's an idea, maybe the city centre isn't a thoroughfare for those who want to go east to west?

I've just searched your exact trip right now just before 8:30am on a Tuesday morning. It takes 24 mins to go through the city and 25mins to use the tunnel according to google maps. Also it takes 24 mins on a bike through the city.

Here's an idea, maybe the city centre isn't a thoroughfare for those who want to go east to west?
The time is in red so not reliable. Also leaving at 7.30 it goes up to 35 minutes through the tunnel.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼