Crazy Christians

You know what I find kind of crazy?

That grown men and women, intelligent and educated adults, congregate in a room weekly and, in their belief, actually partake in a cannibal ritual. And then give money to the organisation who facilitate this event even though this organisation is one of the richest in the world. This organisation used also support slavery and promise mercenary soldiers a passage to heaven if they murdered non Christians in a land grab.

Now that is what I call crazy.
That's pretty crazy all right.
I hear they talk to an imaginary friend too.

Michele Bachmann explains ‘God’s time clock’: Iran nuclear deal makes ‘Christ’s return imminent’

cnn_sotu_bachmann_141109c-800x430.jpg

Former Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (R-MN) predicted in a recent interview that President Barack Obama’s handling of the Middle East was a sign of the End Times and that Jesus Christ would soon return to Earth.

“If we actually turn our back on Israel as we have seen Barack Obama do today, if that happens then I think we will see a scale and a level of push back in the United States, negative consequences,” Bachmann told Understanding the Times radio host Jan Markell on Sunday. “I don’t know what they are, but I believe that the Bible is true. And believe what the Bible says is that our nation and the people of our nation will reap a whirlwind, and we could see economic disasters, natural disasters.”

“The United States does not want to be in that position and unfortunately the people put into office Barack Obama,” she opined. “Not only once, but twice. And the people have to rise up against his actions and demand that their leaders take steps accordingly.”

But even though Bachmann lamented that Barack Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran was “pro the goals of Islamic jihad,” she said that the coming End Times were a reason to celebrate.

“These are not fearful times, these are the most exciting days in history,” she insisted. “Talk about what you see in the newspaper. We can talk about God’s time clock and the fact that Jesus Christ’s return is imminent. Is there anything more important to talk about?”

“We need to be so on fire right now about the things of Christ and the things of God, that needs to occupy our time and our thoughts virtually from morning to night because we have very little time — in my opinion — left before the second return of Christ. That’s good news!” the former congresswoman added. “The world is embracing degeneracy, but what that also tells us as we look at what the world is doing that they’re going according to God’s time clock. Pastors, preach it from the pulpit!”

I was hoping this batshit insanity would be here.

Yeah.

Bachmann actually speaks of America as if it's specifically mentioned in, or even central to the story in the bible, right there in that last yoke I posted.

Dominionists actually do think that. They believe that every single word of "the Bible" is literal, except for the bits which are metaphors for the USA.

They're a strange and crazy bunch, and getting more dangerous every year.

A Texas couple fled to Mexico after a failed attempt to raise a starved toddler from the dead, police said.

Officers received an anonymous tip March 26 that the 2-year-old boy had died nearly a week earlier but was not reported, according to NBC News.

Police went to a Balch Springs home, which also operated as a church, where they were told a “rising ceremony” had been performed four days earlier in an attempt to resurrect him, the network reported.

The child’s body was taken to Mexico the next day by his parents and other members of the Congregacional Pueblo De Dios, police said.

Investigators have not yet located the parents or church congregants.

Video of the ceremony appears to show Aracely Meza, the church’s secretary, praying and speaking in tongues over the toddler’s body, which she anoints with oils, as other congregants gather around.

Meza, who is not the child’s mother, was charged with injury to a child by omission.

A woman who knew the boy’s mother said pastors believed the child was possessed by demons, and she said the boy went 25 days without food before he died.

The video shows Meza asking Jesus to give breath to the boy, identified as Benjamin, during the hours-long ceremony.

After the ceremony fails to bring the boy back to life, Meza breaks down crying.

Congregacional Pueblo De Dios, which was formed in 2007, is affiliated with the Hispanic Conference of the Congregational Holiness Church, a Georgia-based Pentecostal denomination, reported NBC News.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/04/...sessed-toddler-and-then-trying-resurrect-him/

Church of Jesus Christ out in serious force in all their Mass clothes at the Emmet Place and Academy St junction today. Lad on guitar and the rest approaching people.

Surprised at how young some of them are

Church of Jesus Christ out in serious force in all their Mass clothes at the Emmet Place and Academy St junction today. Lad on guitar and the rest approaching people.

Surprised at how young some of them are

Yeah?

I'm off to put on my best Satan voice and have a chat with them.

I may or may not embrace one of them while soiling myself enthusiastically. I'll decide on the way there.

lvia Driskell, a 66-year-old woman in Nebraska, has filed a lawsuit against all people who identify as LGBT, the Omaha World-Herald Reports. In a case filed on May 1 with the district court in Omaha, called, “Driskell v. Homosexuals,” Driskell identifed herself as an ambassador for “God, And His, Son, Jesus Christ” as the plaintiff. The defendants? “Homosexuals; Their Given Name Homosexuals; Their, [alias] Gay.”

Driskell is representing herself in the case she wrote out by hand on lined notebook paper. Her challenge: “Petition Your Honor and Court of the United States District Court of Omaha, Omaha, Nebraska. To be heard in the in the matter of homosexuality. Is Homosexuality a sin, or not a sin.”
With her own faeces presumably?

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/neb...iles-federal-lawsuit-against-all-homosexuals/

A website that gives sex advice to married Christians argues that women can never give their spouses “a flat no” when asked for sex because “her body does belong to her husband.”

The anonymous founder of the Biblical Gender Roles website, who says he is a white male in his 40s, came under fire earlier this month after he wrote an article titled, “Is a husband selfish for having sex with his wife when she is not the mood?”

“Feminists and even some women who would not consider themselves feminists believe it is selfish for a man to have sex with his wife, knowing she is not in the mood,” the writer explains. “In fact some claim if a man has sex with his wife when she is not the mood this is rape… Here we will try to answer this very important question, from a Biblical perspective.”

Although the author insists that he would not advocate “for a husband to force himself physically upon his wife,” he says that “a Christian wife should never give her husband a flat no, BUT she can humbly and gently ask for a delay.”

And any request for a delay “must be done humbly and respectfully, and always with the attitude in mind that her body does belong to her husband.”

A “wife does not have the right to stand and deny her husband access to her body,” he writes, adding that she can ask for a delay with a “legitimate” reason, but “the judge of what is legitimate or not is her husband.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/the...-wives-must-yield-for-sex-no-questions-asked/

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sander Van Doorn
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

25th May 2024 @ 11:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼