cost of living protest.

Less people voted for every party than for them. This shouldn't be a revelation.

One good reason to vote SF into government is to watch them get a dose of reality. Another is to consolidate their path to peaceful democratic politics in a similar way to the civil war parties did after the civil war. Another is because FFG have been in government for too long and politics needs a reset.
Proportional representation means we will most likely have coalitions for the foreseeable future.
And if the majority of people vote for parties who refuse to deal with SF, then SF will always be in opposition.

The best lecturer I ever had had "only" a degree. Bryan McMahon. Went on to become a High Court judge.

I have had lots of lecturers with PhDs who couldn't teach for toffee!

Son of short story and playwright of the same name and married to a sister of Martin O'Neill. I knew a brother of his Garry, also in the legal profession and would have won a football All Ireland with Kerry.

I would view lecturing and teaching as two different arts. A teacher to me would be a lot more sleves up in terms of sharing knowledge and explaining the mechanics of things. On the other hand I would view a lecturer as someone who points students towards knowledge and ultimately it is up to the individual to seek out, learn and underdstand things for themselves.

I had an economics lecturer at one stage that boastfully told us about his four degrees frequently. Half the year ended up getting grinds to pass the paper the other half didn't turn up after the first month of lectures and read the book the week before the exam. The lads that opted for self-directed learning as it were flew the paper most of the lads getting grinds scraped a pass after a re-sit.

001394fe-500.jpg

“The evidence will be on budget day as to whether or not the real gravity of this situation has landed with a government that, frankly, is completely out of touch so far, with realities on the ground,” McDonald said".

Is she saying this flying first class on one of her frequent dinner fundraisers in the states? 🍗🍖🍾🍴🗽

A lot Jabba would know about 'realities on the ground' 🙄

It takes 10 years studying to be a proper lecturer
Proper?
Know of ppl making plenty of bucks not even qualified yet
And know one guy who hasn’t looked back
Lectures home n abroad
Gave up a promising Cork hurling career to further his studies
Smart man but an obnoxious cunt

As long as my smallie gets qualified as a teacher I’ll be happy
He’s going on to Phd level etc
( say a years working in Dunnes stores stores has him set to work in academia in future- he’s dead right I’m heading to mid 6Os - still up a shagging ladder 🪜
Atm starting at 5 in the morning)
Don’t want this for him

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

28th Apr 2024 @ 4:15 pm
More info..

Tony Milner

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼