Cork U21 Footballers 2013

Anybody know what the panel is like? What players are moving on? Who will make the step up? Heard that Kevin Crowley was on the panel, great for Millstreet if he is.. What are our chances of All-Ireland glory? I'd say Tipp will have a fairly strong team this year, probably stronger than Kerry so getting out of Munster should be pretty tough in itself.. No Ciarán Kilkenny for Dublin should weaken them a bit. Tyrone won an All-Ireland Minor title with this group of players (beating Cork). Anyone know if the panel has stuck together? Who else will be strong?

We were very lucky to get to the All Ireland that year. Tipp should be stronger this year then when they were minor. Kerry weren't up to much but I wouldn't write them off in a knock out game.

Cork should have won minor with this team. Only played for half an hour in both semi and final. Got away with it in semi, robbed by ref. in final.

Cork should have won minor with this team. Only played for half an hour in both semi and final. Got away with it in semi, robbed by ref. in final.

Cork lead a very charmed life that year, Armagh had them on the ropes too. Defensively they weren't great but going forward they were excellent when they were in the mood

Yeah - Cork management team seemed to have no idea what their best team was. Gave Tyrone a massive headstart in final before necessary changes were made. Would still have won it if Tyrone weren't allowed get away with blatant time wasting.

Yeah - Cork management team seemed to have no idea what their best team was. Gave Tyrone a massive headstart in final before necessary changes were made. Would still have won it if Tyrone weren't allowed get away with blatant time wasting.

If memory serves me right, wasn't a Cork fella blown up for picking off the ground when Cork were pushing at the end too and only a point down, despite the fact that he had clearly put his foot under the ball?

They were lucky against Armagh and unlucky against Tyrone. They were magnificent against Galway and Kerry in narrow games.

They would have been very lucky to win an all-Ireland that year given all the comebacks and close games, but I've little doubt but that they were the best minor team in the country that year.

This would be my team -
1. Patrick Kirby
2. Kevin Fulignati 3. Damien Cahalane 4. Alan Cronin
5. Kevin Crowley 6. Thomas Clancy 7. Jamie Wall
8. 9. ?
10. Brian O'Driscoll 11. Mark Sugrue 12. John O'Rourke
13. Kevin Hallissey 14. Dan MacEoin 15. Brian Hurley

No idea who to put in midfield....

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

23rd May 2024 @ 8:30 pm