Cork u20 Hurling 2024

A huge improvement on the Tipp game a few weeks back from both players and management. Cillian Tobin was immense. Certainly a mistake taking off Dwyer unless he took a knock although O'Regan won 1 great ball late on after hitting a bad wide.

Ref was brutal and assisted Clare back into the game before a short panic period from Cork before they regained composure and saw it out. Excellent goal from Barry O'Flynn and good to see a player who struggled against Clare minors last year make such an impact at a higher level. Timmy Wilk and Adam O'Sullivan also made a difference when introduced.

In attack Hugh O'Connor was too casual for my liking and displayed poor accuracy but showed he has hurling and the game should bring him on big time.

William Buckley class and Diarmuid Healy very good.

People who doubted Buckley were put in their place tonight. His conversation rate is unreal. Great second half. Tobin was immense, just as a proper centre back should be. Great to grind out a win when it looked lost. Character shown tonight.
Tbf, you see who posted that nonsense? Two muppets with five posts between them that will probably never seen here again. You are worse to be taking any notice of them

A huge improvement on the Tipp game a few weeks back from both players and management. Cillian Tobin was immense. Certainly a mistake taking off Dwyer unless he took a knock although O'Regan won 1 great ball late on after hitting a bad wide.

Ref was brutal and assisted Clare back into the game before a short panic period from Cork before they regained composure and saw it out. Excellent goal from Barry O'Flynn and good to see a player who struggled against Clare minors last year make such an impact at a higher level. Timmy Wilk and Adam O'Sullivan also made a difference when introduced.

In attack Hugh O'Connor was too casual for my liking and displayed poor accuracy but showed he has hurling and the game should bring him on big time.
Nailed it there Corkonian on Hugh O'Connor, the adjustment to intercounty hurling would have been stark for him in the first half, he is a serious option in the air for us though. Game tonight should bring him on a tonne for the final hopefully.

It seems like the Cork hurlers in general are trying to give us old fogies a heart attack with all the comebacks!! Three down with a couple of minutes to go and to win by four is a sign of a serious team. I never mention individual players but Adam O'Sullivan's omission from the starting 15 has been baffling to me. Made a huge difference when he came on tonight and is a serious athlete. Hope he starts the next day.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

10th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cork/Brittany maritime Residency Exhibition

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 1pm

More events ▼