Cork u20 Hurling 2024

I’m lost for words what is going on in Cork hurling . To many egos . Pure obvious problems and a blind man could see tonight happening . How can’t one of Corks best ever forwards not see this. I made a comment early on in the game v Limerick it was tippy tappy crap and got eat on here . Still wins games I was told . Ya it wins games against weak teams. Against physical teams it doesn’t work at any level . Cork needs move on from the tippy tappy culture . I have a feeling it’s going continue for another 20 years until the penny finally drops . To many ego’s in Cork hurling and accept we won’t win anything playing this brand of Harlem globetrotters hurling . Get the ball fast and take the ball and man when you can.
I’m lost for words what is going on in Cork hurling . To many egos . Pure obvious problems and a blind man could see tonight happening . How can’t one of Corks best ever forwards not see this. I made a comment early on in the game v Limerick it was tippy tappy crap and got eat on here . Still wins games I was told . Ya it wins games against weak teams. Against physical teams it doesn’t work at any level . Cork needs move on from the tippy tappy culture . I have a feeling it’s going continue for another 20 years until the penny finally drops . To many ego’s in Cork hurling and accept we won’t win anything playing this brand of Harlem globetrotters hurling . Get the ball fast and take the ball and man when you can.very well said
Very
I’m lost for words what is going on in Cork hurling . To many egos . Pure obvious problems and a blind man could see tonight happening . How can’t one of Corks best ever forwards not see this. I made a comment early on in the game v Limerick it was tippy tappy crap and got eat on here . Still wins games I was told . Ya it wins games against weak teams. Against physical teams it doesn’t work at any level . Cork needs move on from the tippy tappy culture . I have a feeling it’s going continue for another 20 years until the penny finally drops . To many ego’s in Cork hurling and accept we won’t win anything playing this brand of Harlem globetrotters hurling . Get the ball fast and take the ball and man when you can.
Very well said at least sumbody else thinks this .wriste hurlers ball wall hurlers is all the Cork from ever age group want .u need to match the big physical teams same as them simple as
Very well said .all we want is wriste hurlers .at ever age group in cork we need physical to match the stronger teams

Cork will be in munster final unless clare beat waterford and tipp I think . Not sure what happens if cork don’t reach final . Anyone know how many teams reach the all Ireland series ?

Semi final first between almost certainly Clare and Cork now.
The only thing left to see is whether we can beat waterford and Tipp and get the home semi final
I assume thats how it works rather than just being our turn to host cork.

Very

Very well said at least sumbody else thinks this .wriste hurlers ball wall hurlers is all the Cork from ever age group want .u need to match the big physical teams same as them simple as

Very well said .all we want is wriste hurlers .at ever age group in cork we need physical to match the stronger teams
so , you new around here :LOL:

People kind of forget with this and the football the other night, a lot of these guys are teenagers. They're still only learning the game. It's lovely to win underage All-Irelands but if fellas learned lessons tonight that will stand to them in the rest of their careers with their clubs and hopefully Cork then that is surely a good thing.

If Cork were going well at senior level there wouldn't be half as much angst about any of this but because of the general bad vibes there, the "everything is fucked" stuff seeps down here. People have short memories. It's less than a decade than we couldn't win a match at underage level in hurling, it's improved a lot. They've won three out of four this year and had a bad, bad performance tonight away to a Tipp team that played very well. I'll be interested to see how they respond the next day and optimistic we'll see an improvement.

This type of reasonable post is not welcome when it comes to cork underage teams. I wonder were some of the fellas giving out tonight even in puberty 7/8 years ago when cork weren’t winning a game at this age level.
Tonight was a bad performance and a real wallop, luckily they have a chance to put it right and they have a few lads on the line who know how to react under pressure and perform.
The fact is cork are on an unprecedented run at this grade and no county has near the recent record, perhaps tipp or Clare are better and will win Munster but we’ll see

This type of reasonable post is not welcome when it comes to cork underage teams. I wonder were some of the fellas giving out tonight even in puberty 7/8 years ago when cork weren’t winning a game at this age level.
Tonight was a bad performance and a real wallop, luckily they have a chance to put it right and they have a few lads on the line who know how to react under pressure and perform.
The fact is cork are on an unprecedented run at this grade and no county has near the recent record, perhaps tipp or Clare are better and will win Munster but we’ll see

People kind of forget with this and the football the other night, a lot of these guys are teenagers. They're still only learning the game. It's lovely to win underage All-Irelands but if fellas learned lessons tonight that will stand to them in the rest of their careers with their clubs and hopefully Cork then that is surely a good thing.

If Cork were going well at senior level there wouldn't be half as much angst about any of this but because of the general bad vibes there, the "everything is fucked" stuff seeps down here. People have short memories. It's less than a decade than we couldn't win a match at underage level in hurling, it's improved a lot. They've won three out of four this year and had a bad, bad performance tonight away to a Tipp team that played very well. I'll be interested to see how they respond the next day and optimistic we'll see an improvement.
Two top posts, wasted here however.

I agree that it's worth bearing in mind that Cork's underage teams are in general far better than a decade ago (particularly for those posters who are inclined to write Rebel Og off as a disaster zone). But I also think tonight's performance is worrying in some specific respects which go beyond a bad night at the office.

First, the weaknesses exposed tonight had been evident in previous matches but had not been addressed. So while tonight might have been a bit of a one-off in terms of the scale of the defeat, it doesn't look to me like the management had been willing or able to address the underlying problems.

Second, some of those weaknesses, e.g., the lack of targets for long puck-outs and defenders being weak in the air, are also issues with the senior team. It's disheartening to see these problems not being addressed.

Third, this Cork team is mostly made up of an outstanding minor side, and there are legitimate questions (not only based on tonight but on other performances) as to how well some of those players are developing.

Cork looked really dangerous when they got running
Buckleys movement causes big problems
Leahy is excellent.
Thought the full back line was good but waterford were so bad its hard to know.
Dwyer is very powerful.

On the down side i though corks backs were a fraction overconfident coming out and took physical contact way too willingly at times
Number 6 is a bit of an issue.
There are no circumstances that i can think of where your number 6 should appear at right half forward 3 or 4 times in the first 10 minutes.

Someone must have asked him politely to return to his own half
:LOL:

I also have a slight inkling that the cork forwards have an uneven attitude to defending so we might be able to get good ball forward.

This is a big game for clare.
8 players from the 40 point team started v limerick and 7 minors from 2023 which is a lot
It would be 10 40 pointers except Diarmuid Stritch and James Doherty are injured.
We are also short Senan Dunford who started v Cork last year in the group game and is a massive young lad and fionan treacy full back on the 22 minors.
The significance of that is we have a really thin bench and we have 7 of last years minor team starting

Sean Rynne is the only player on the senior training panel and we only have him and Jack O Neill that started last years final.

Its definitely one i am nervous about but this is a different caliber of manager from the fitzgerald era.

The lad in charge of the 2021 minors was found at pat fitzs kitchen table i suspect

I find it hard to see us getting a win but i do expect we will give it a go.

Ps i am glad wilk has missed out, a lovely player we arehappy not to see

just bumping this one which was after waterford and before Clare.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Crash Test Dummies
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

1st Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Sean Tierney

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼