Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Nonsense, plenty on here with different opinions on all aspects of the game.
People aren't falling neatly into line for ya Outdoor.
TAN jogged in with a sour enough, petty post , because Clare lost and he was not dealing well with it.
Don't see why we should be genuflecting to outsiders and giving undue credit to their particular brand of biased opinions.
Don't make me laugh, after you posts about the sending off.
Genuflecting to outsiders, seriously, what age are you?

I thought we were too lethargic starting , sometimes what is needed is just sheer hard work and never giving up and there wasn't much of that on show in the first quarter.

In my opinion we had already upped the intensity and we were getting back into the game before the sending off.

There was no need for the Clare player to be near Buckley as the play had already moved on and I think it was an attempt to rough up probably the one player who most carried the fight to Clare in the first quarter , assisted by Healy and Dwyer in particular.

We will never know now but I think it was a game that Cork was going to win even without the sending off.
In fact, in spite of being poor in the opening half look at the number of chances butchered and frees missed.
The second half was no better, I think we missed enough reasonable chances to have won that game by a very large margin.

I may be wrong but I counted four who started who are underage again next year.
Cashman, Walsh, , O Connell and O Sullivan.
In addition we have seen James O Brien, Peter O Shea, Barry Walsh, Barry O Flynn, Johnny Galvin and Adam O Sullivan getting game time as well.
The 2021 minor team was an exceptional group so it was always going to be hard to break into this team.

I thought we were too lethargic starting , sometimes what is needed is just sheer hard work and never giving up and there wasn't much of that on show in the first quarter.

In my opinion we had already upped the intensity and we were getting back into the game before the sending off.

There was no need for the Clare player to be near Buckley as the play had already moved on and I think it was an attempt to rough up probably the one player who most carried the fight to Clare in the first quarter , assisted by Healy and Dwyer in particular.

We will never know now but I think it was a game that Cork was going to win even without the sending off.
In fact, in spite of being poor in the opening half look at the number of chances butchered and frees missed.
The second half was no better, I think we missed enough reasonable chances to have won that game by a very large margin.

In addition we have seen James O Brien, Peter O Shea, Barry Walsh, Barry O Flynn, Johnny Galvin and Adam O Sullivan getting game time as well.
The 2021 minor team was an exceptional group so it was always going to be hard to break into this team.
O'Connell is on the age.

I agree with a few others on here that we probably need an extra pucout option so to speak. Clare surrounded Healy on Cork's puc out when they were on top.
I'd like to see Barry Walsh given a go at half forward against Limerick.

With Wilk coming into the team for Limerick, Dwyer at 6 could be an option. I disagree with those who thought Tobin was poor - I thought he had a fine game at 7, he dominated his wing in the second half.

A few guys have yet to really get motoring. A big performance is needed against Limerick for their confidence going forward. Clare and Tipp look like real threats.

North Cork

Tadhg O'Connell who started is not underage next year. Maybe you have the wrong O'Connell as Daniel O'Connell the sub goalkeeper is underage in 2025.

UpCork123

I agree with you on Tobin, I thought the entire Cork half-back line was good. Oran O'Regan did well on Rynne who is a Clare senior panelist. O'Regan isn't a holding the centre type but he's a good hurlers and should learn more to play the position by playing at 6. Dwyer is still an option at 6 but he struggled there as a minor v Limerick in 2020 and isn't as a good a hurler as O'Regan. If Darragh Sull is sweeper I wouldn't be concerned for centre-back. I would make 1 change for Limerick and that is start Tadhg O'Connell mid-field or introduce Timmy Wilk or Peter O'Shea for Ben Walsh. Ben has 2 more years as a starter but for now I would play one of the other 3 at 9.

Last edited:

I'm not sure it was a poor work ethic that caught us out in the first 20 mins, genuinely Clare were bouncing off of the pitch, fired up to a degree that I will admit to admiring.
To be expected when it's your chance to atone in some way for the 40 pointer a few years ago.
Can't underestimate just how big a stain that was for Clare at the time.
Yes, I know we didn't see exactly the same bunch on either side, but that legacy issue was there.

On Cork, think this game will do them the power of good.
The style we play requires precision and skill, but it has to hold up under the kind of pressure the lads were under last night.
Jury is still out as to whether it will, but jury is also out as to whether there's an U20 team out there that can apply that level of pressure for 60 plus minutes.

Ok back on topic. It’s more difficult now than ever before to speculate about which of these players will make their mark at senior level. The difference in physicality is massive and the drop from U21 to U20 is very significant too.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pierce Turner
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

17th Oct 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Reggae Sundays with Live Band Yes i & DJ Gwada Mike

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼