Cork u20 Hurling 2023

Was it my imagination or were Offaly very light, i know they are young but even so.
Some of them were light enough alright except the FF who got the 2 yellows- big boy. Their distribution from the back was very poor- hit loads of aimless balls to no one in particular. If we keep our feet on the ground and don’t get put off by the 15k Offaly supporters who will be screaming theirs heads off, we should have too much up front especially.

Was it my imagination or were Offaly very light, i know they are young but even so.
Extremely light.

My first time seeing them. I'd be worried that we will tear into them, they won't be able physically for it and start going down after every bit of contact like they did tonight. We could have a shot of yellow and red cards accumulated by half time. Ref could easily see us a bully boys against a smaller team. I love the aggression in this Cork team but the Leinster and Munster U20 competitions look like different sports entirely at the moment.

Screeny is a real old school Offaly hurler. Oozes skill, even if he does look like he should be playing Sciath na Scol.

Extremely light.

My first time seeing them. I'd be worried that we will tear into them, they won't be able physically for it and start going down after every bit of contact like they did tonight. We could have a shot of yellow and red cards accumulated by half time. Ref could easily see us a bully boys against a smaller team. I love the aggression in this Cork team but the Leinster and Munster U20 competitions look like different sports entirely at the moment.

Screeny is a real old school Offaly hurler. Oozes skill, even if he does look like he should be playing Sciath na Scol.
The irony!
Cork who for years have been accused of being soft now in potential danger of being done over by a ref who won't "swallow the whistle" and "let it flow"....

We have a few smaller guys, he might pity them too.

In case some angry lunatic jumps on me for this post: I am taking the piss.... a bit!

Cranky you’re deeply scarred by the lived Cork hurling supporter experience 🤣

Nothing is a given, and nothing is easy, but we have a seriously good U20 team who will take some beating.
Fair play if Offaly are good enough to do so, personally don't think they are, but who knows on any given day.

Wexford had nothing resembling the fire power that we have and still ran them close.

Remember that this is a team that didn't need to beat Limerick in the last RR game - yet still withstood a manic onslaught from Limerick in the closing stages, just because our lads wanted to win more.
That's some mentality.
We didn’t look that seriously good when Clare up the physical stakes for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half and started to run at / thru us. Ben Cunningham showing outstanding leadership and bravery got us outa jail.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Io Capitano (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼