Cork u20 Hurling 2023

They're a really fine team, deserved winners.
Going down the home strait, nerves of steel, strength, speed and skill - great to see it.

Not sure how Wexford or Offaly compare, hard to gauge the Leinster teams.
If the final is played in Thurles it's going to be like a home game for us, hopefully they won't send us anywhere more "neutral" like Port Laoise!
Sure Limerick last night couldn’t have been less of a neutral venue. I doubt Offaly will agree to Thurles so I fear it could be Port Laoise or Nowlan Park if it’s Wexford.

Having played all the meaningful hurling in the first half, we turned with an insignificant lead. I would have thought that the mentors had enough ammunition to scourge the players into being even more forceful in the second half. But on the contrary, the players took their feet off the pedal and it very nearly cost us. Great credit to them for rising, Phoenix-like, to clinch a victory that very nearly eluded them. Congratulations. A lot more work to be done.
Was at the match and that was my feeling too. Clare were prepared to die with their boots on and Cork management should have been ready for an onslaught and weren’t. So many positives from the game though especially key performances from so called lesser lights and leadership in every line of the pitch.

Cork have a very young team and some of them are facing the Leaving Cert just over a week after the final date. Should be borne in mind. Crazy scheduling. They have lives to live outside of hurling and that should be respected.

Thurles if it’s Offaly, Croke Park if Wx.

Gutsy win last night when game was slipping away. We should never have been in that position it we had taken 2/3 of those great goal chances. Still, showed great fight and determination- great qualities to have.

We got out of jail tonight, what is the obsession with short passing and running with the ball? And this craic of going for goal when a simple point was on? This could come back to haunt us if not rectified. Having said all that our fellas showed great character to win that
Wouldn’t be a huge advocate of it myself r&b…but feel there is a time and a place for it and last night it worked out fairly well.

If they went long every time teams would just set up with lots of numbers deep and would dominate.

Need to be able to mix it up long and short in the modern game and cork definitely did that. Some great displays of short passing / running game, as well as some great long puckouts / long ball into forwards being won last night.

Wouldn’t be a huge advocate of it myself r&b…but feel there is a time and a place for it and last night it worked out fairly well.

If they went long every time teams would just set up with lots of numbers deep and would dominate.

Need to be able to mix it up long and short in the modern game and cork definitely did that. Some great displays of short passing / running game, as well as some great long puckouts / long ball into forwards being won last night.

The short game ? I assume you've seen who the manager is ?
Great win last night, looked like we had left it after us. Hats off to Cunningham he came up with the goods when most needed again last night, that score where he fell and got back up again. Some excellent performances.

Sorry Cork93 doesn't seem to have quoted red and blue also.

We have some serious skillfull players on that team and while people talk about aggression and fight etc that other countys seem to have as there main weapon now days , but the Cork skill has always been our major strength so great to see we too can play to our strengths and beliefs married with all the other parts to the game ...just very proud of those lads last night best of luck in the final...

Was in Limerick last night and a few thoughts on the game
1. I was great to win the game with some of our better players havina a mare
2. The Cork support was one on the smallest i have seen at a u20/21 final but that is understandable considering the amount of travel we have to do in the next fortnight
3 As regards the running game i assume ye know the manager is.
4 As regards B Cunningham for the senior team if we are still in the championship my heart says yer but the head says put him on the extended panel in case anything happens to Harnedy or Dalton

That’s a fair point and I will say we have improved on the mix as the year has gone on but some of the overplaying the ball needs to be cut out before it costs us

I was at the game last night so wasn't posting on here as I was actually watching the game unlike a lot of people here. Just reading back on the running commentary that a lot of posters gave last night. I'm not shocked none of ye were actually at the game cause ye havent an absolute clue what ye are talking about. Berating lads like O'Connor etc who yes were not having their best games but they were working their bollix off and in the end dug out a massive massive win. Lads 18,19,20 years of age are not going to be the finished article and will make mistakes particulary around decision making but as usual the clowns posting here find it apt to write them off and talk pure and utter dung about young fellas in the second half. Tis clear to see most of ye spreading slurry didnt do much hurling in yere day.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sofie Hagen - Comedy Stop Cork
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

11th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Ruben Berrios Septet

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼