Cork u20 Football 2024

Just I think it's hard to judge players at 14 15 .leave ur 100 our 125 till the end off u16 .club hurling football has to improve. And don't do regional mix them up
I am heavily involved in my own club underage still. If you look at this years Cork minor team. Only 1 of the best 3 players we’ve encountered at that age group over the years is on the minor set up. One of the boys never even made the 100 in the regional U14 panel. But, There are some weak footballers on the panel.
The Cork minor panel should be formed in the Autumn of the year before, picked from the schools, club and inter divisional championships.
Rebel Og is too sporadic. Show me a single report that says it’s sufficient that an “elite” meet & train once a week? Rebel Og use the gym training to bump up the numbers but there is only a small number of sporadic actual football and hurling training and coaching sessions from age 13 to age 16.
And that’s before you look at the terrible reality that when they do train it’s on a plastic pitch or that some of the coaches being really poor or that different coaches have entirely different approaches to playing the game
I posted on PROC last year when I went to an internal trial game for this years minor footballers. You could see that day (even Stevie wonder would) the terrible approach and set up. If there was anyone really watching out for Cork football they’d have called a halt to that operation that day..

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

14th Aug 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Cork Voices Of The Irish Revolution

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼