Cork Minor Hurling 2024

formulaic dull word salad. Lacks intelligence insight or wit. Very poor. .
You're not very accomplished at this ball-hopping game are you tan, you are meant to come up with your own original replies and not try to reconstitute someone else's.
Still I will make an allowance for you on account of the fact that the trad music barb does drive the Clare crowd insane and clouds their mind with a red mist.🎻🪕
You'll be alright just give it some time

That is a decent win. Its gas that these lads are 5th Years and Transition Years I still think of Minors in the old sense of they could be on the Senior team next year....those days are well gone.

That is a decent win. Its gas that these lads are 5th Years and Transition Years I still think of Minors in the old sense of they could be on the Senior team next year....those days are well gone.
Ya I still find it hard to adjust at times. What's also a great loss I think is the link between county minor and Harty cup/schools comps. Years ago you'd be watching for lads in Harty that might have potential to make the minors later in year. Pity it's gone. The top Harty lads now are probably on u20 panels but it feels a bit different or something

Every win is a great win but nothing can be read into minors anymore really.
Most of the lads are probably no 17 yet and some may not be 16.

I do, however, understand why it has been dropped to under 20. It allows the lads to play hurling in transition year and focus on study in the following years.

Barrett looked very dangerous off the bench , Leezer with a fine finish in the closing stages clinching the game for the rebels - east cork combination clutching the game once again
I saw Peter Barrett playing a good few times at U-15 level in 2022 and again last year at U-16 and minor and have been impressed with his elusiveness, fast hands and finishing. I believe he is starting material but the management insist on selecting big guys on the wings and the edge of the square who don't seem to have the same hurling qualities in the attack and mid-field sectors at least. It's interesting that the full-forward played wing-back at club level last year. I also find it interesting that with the managements emphasis on size and bulk it is the smaller more elusive players who are shining most particularly in attack. I would like to see Barrett start especially with a forward such as Eoghan O'Shea on the bench to come on who wasn't introduced last night.

I think Meyler & Co will be happy enough with one win from two. Waterford are poor so the Clare game should be a winner takes all in terms of reaching the Munster final. You would slightly fancy Cork but you never know with Minor, it's notoriously unpredictable.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out

Cork Opera House, Today @ 1pm

More events ▼