Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Was there on Monday, all of the cork teams from the morning onwards played different challenge matches against one another. There seemed to be huge numbers. I thought cork west looked very good, the cork east v cork city game was a great game, with some great play and some cracking goals. Not sure if the panels are finalized, maybe the city panel is. Does anyone know if the cork minors who don’t make match day 24, are they eligible to play in the Celtic challenge?
Yeah if they don’t make the match day 24 they are allowed to play

EastCorklover

Thanks for the panel.

A very good spread of clubs there and good to see a player such as Colm Garde included. I'm surprised Midleton have only 1 player involved since they won the U-15 and U-16 County Premier titles in 2022 and 2023 respectively. I thought Cian Stack and Matthew McSweeney would be there and Mallow's Ben Noonan wasn't involved before the cut I believe which is another surprise.

The cut to 25/26 will be interesting in a few weeks.
EastCorklover

Thanks for the panel.

A very good spread of clubs there and good to see a player such as Colm Garde included. I'm surprised Midleton have only 1 player involved since they won the U-15 and U-16 County Premier titles in 2022 and 2023 respectively. I thought Cian Stack and Matthew McSweeney would be there and Mallow's Ben Noonan wasn't involved before the cut I believe which is another surprise.

The cut to 25/26 will be interesting in a few weeks.
Would agree Midleton were very strong in U16 P1 final should have more players on the panel.

I heard Cork minors were playing in Mallow on Saturday. I don't even know the opposition, does anyone know anything about the game?
Beaten by Dublin,a very poor performance.Extremely concerning less than two weeks out from championship.They have been overtrained and look out of sorts and stale.Too many players "nailed on"for too long,now we have a loads of players short on form and confidence.
The second team were playing Kerry u20s and lost narrowly.Hard to know what to make out of this game.It was played on the back pitch in horrendous weather conditions
You would be a brave man to predict the starting line up v Tipp on Thursday week.I sincerely wish them the best of luck but have my doubts about their form and confidence right now.

Beaten by Dublin,a very poor performance.Extremely concerning less than two weeks out from championship.They have been overtrained and look out of sorts and stale.Too many players "nailed on"for too long,now we have a loads of players short on form and confidence.
The second team were playing Kerry u20s and lost narrowly.Hard to know what to make out of this game.It was played on the back pitch in horrendous weather conditions
You would be a brave man to predict the starting line up v Tipp on Thursday week.I sincerely wish them the best of luck but have my doubts about their form and confidence right now.
Thanks Goat1. I think the writing was on the wall regarding the same management struggling with the same group of players at U-15 and then other players not involved. Hope I'm proven wrong soon but Tipp are one of the favourites for the AI.

However if players are 'nailed on' how would one need to be brave to select the team?

Thanks Goat1. I think the writing was on the wall regarding the same management struggling with the same group of players at U-15 and then other players not involved. Hope I'm proven wrong soon but Tipp are one of the favourites for the AI.

However if players are 'nailed on' how would one need to be brave to select the team?
What I was trying to say,was that the team selection has been too predictable for too long.Certain players have been out of form for weeks and yet still make the starting team week in/week out.There is alot of players who are not getting a look in eventhough the selected players are not producing the required standard.Look they are only young lads and require the whole county to get behind them.It has been patently obvious for months to those who have followed this group closely ,that the selection has been too conservative.God forbid if we lose the centre back to an injury early on, because nobody else has been tried there .The same applies in midfield and forwards.This group has been training for over two years and have been training three times a week since October 6th last. In anyone's book,that is a massive commitment and for that alone I wish the whole group and management team the best of luck in the 4 Munster championship games.

Big John will sort it lads: He has a Superb Record with Cork teams at all grades!! . Queue the Following-
1. You will see John at a U14 Cork Colleges Divisional Final on a rainy night in Banteer!
2. John owes Cork GAA nothing, PURE PASSION!
3. Yerra.

What I was trying to say,was that the team selection has been too predictable for too long.Certain players have been out of form for weeks and yet still make the starting team week in/week out.There is alot of players who are not getting a look in eventhough the selected players are not producing the required standard.Look they are only young lads and require the whole county to get behind them.It has been patently obvious for months to those who have followed this group closely ,that the selection has been too conservative.God forbid if we lose the centre back to an injury early on, because nobody else has been tried there .The same applies in midfield and forwards.This group has been training for over two years and have been training three times a week since October 6th last. In anyone's book,that is a massive commitment and for that alone I wish the whole group and management team the best of luck in the 4 Munster championship games.
Another problem with Rebel Og for sure.
Fellas picked at minor based on Rebel Og performances years previous.
It’s a joke and it can’t be disbanded soon enough. You’ve a fella managing another Cork underage team that is coaching teams for nearly 20 years and I can’t recall any team he was involved in ever winning anything.

Another problem with Rebel Og for sure.
Fellas picked at minor based on Rebel Og performances years previous.
It’s a joke and it can’t be disbanded soon enough. You’ve a fella managing another Cork underage team that is coaching teams for nearly 20 years and I can’t recall any team he was involved in ever winning anything.
You can't say that. That fella would be seen at a Junior Camogie Match in November keeping to himself . Pure Passion. His 20 year Inter County ZERO trophies has nothing to do with it. PASSION.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Blues Jam (Players Welcome)

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼