Cork Minor Hurling 2023

Honest Rebel

The Premier 1 final is always less open with more physicality but Carrigtwohill seemed more up for this match after losing heavily away to the Glen in a group game over a month ago. They built an early lead and when Michael Tadgh Brosnan was sent off after receiving his 2nd yellow the result was inevitable. The Premier 2 final was more competitive but Kiltha Og always seemed to have enough until Carrigaline scored a late goal to make the last few minutes and injury time quite intense.

red&blue

AFAIK Sam Ring is related as the great grandson of a brother or cousin of the great man.

Honest Rebel

The Premier 1 final is always less open with more physicality but Carrigtwohill seemed more up for this match after losing heavily away to the Glen in a group game over a month ago. They built an early lead and when Michael Tadgh Brosnan was sent off after receiving his 2nd yellow the result was inevitable. The Premier 2 final was more competitive but Kiltha Og always seemed to have enough until Carrigaline scored a late goal to make the last few minutes and injury time quite intense.

red&blue

AFAIK Sam Ring is related as the great grandson of a brother or cousin of the great man.
Many thanks 👍

Tasty double-header next Monday:
Douglas v Glen in P1 final.
Killeagh v Shandrum in P2 final.
Plenty of past, present & future Cork minors on show. Venue not announced yet but hopefully it'll be The Dyke (and not Bishopstown 4G!!).

Douglas going for the double-double...... Surely ta fuck there's at least 2/3 players from both years that could make a step up next year for football and hurling?

How competitive will our minors be next year ? Doesn’t look like we did the business with 16s competition this yr but that’s not necessarily a great barometer

anyone got an idea of teams / panels
presume they’ve plenty of numbers if rotating 3 teams

Zealot Hard to say how competitive the minors will be but Galway were favourites for the U-16's again this year and Cork defeated them by a point before losing comprehensively to Limerick. However Limerick also defeated Cork at U-16 in 2022 before going on to win the tournament and Cork reversed that result at minor this year. Tipperary will probably be favourites in Munster. I expect Joshua Goulding (Glen Rovers) to be in goal next year and I expect Douglas to have 3 players on the team namely Liam Kelleher, Jack O'Brien and Mark O'Brien. I expect all 4 of those players will be playing in the Premier 1 County final on Monday night in Pairc Ui Rinn. I find it strange that John Meyler is persisting with Jack O'Brien as a corner-forward when he seems more natural as an out-field player. He plays centre-field with Douglas and that's where I expect to see him next Monday night. I expect players from the U-15's such as Luke Hurley (Na Piarsaigh) and Eoin O'Shea (Ballinhassig) to be good enough for the step up to the Cork minors attack in 2024. Hurley is a fantastic prospect in both codes but he also plays soccer and wasn't involved with Cork U-15's in Dundrum so it would be great if he's available to Cork GAA in 2024.

Zealot Hard to say how competitive the minors will be but Galway were favourites for the U-16's again this year and Cork defeated them by a point before losing comprehensively to Limerick. However Limerick also defeated Cork at U-16 in 2022 before going on to win the tournament and Cork reversed that result at minor this year. Tipperary will probably be favourites in Munster. I expect Joshua Goulding (Glen Rovers) to be in goal next year and I expect Douglas to have 3 players on the team namely Liam Kelleher, Jack O'Brien and Mark O'Brien. I expect all 4 of those players will be playing in the Premier 1 County final on Monday night in Pairc Ui Rinn. I find it strange that John Meyler is persisting with Jack O'Brien as a corner-forward when he seems more natural as an out-field player. He plays centre-field with Douglas and that's where I expect to see him next Monday night. I expect players from the U-15's such as Luke Hurley (Na Piarsaigh) and Eoin O'Shea (Ballinhassig) to be good enough for the step up to the Cork minors attack in 2024. Hurley is a fantastic prospect in both codes but he also plays soccer and wasn't involved with Cork U-15's in Dundrum so it would be great if he's available to Cork GAA in 2024.
Thanks Corkonian - jumping the gun a bit but curious about 2024
you seem to be in tune with the underage
hopefully there will be worthwhile schools games for Cork schools as well this year and you might get a chance to put up a few reports if you’re in attendance

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

10th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Sunday & Bank Holiday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼