Cork Minor Hurling 2023

Ya Ballincollig despite winning their 2 opening games could end up out!

In the other group the Glen might need to beat Douglas to get through.
Glen could still go out even if they beat Douglas. They are currently -2 scoring difference & Inniscarra are -5. They need to beat Douglas and hope Inniscarra lose or win narrowly against Youghal. Could still go through if they lose but need Youghal to beat Inniscarra.
The permutations in both groups are mad. We'll have the calculators out in 2 weeks time!!

Glen could still go out even if they beat Douglas. They are currently -2 scoring difference & Inniscarra are -5. They need to beat Douglas and hope Inniscarra lose or win narrowly against Youghal. Could still go through if they lose but need Youghal to beat Inniscarra.
The permutations in both groups are mad. We'll have the calculators out in 2 weeks time!!
Ya much like the senior/intermediate championships the group format has definitely put a better bite into it I think.
Hopefully too the semi finals will be a double header again when they reach that stage.

Ya much like the senior/intermediate championships the group format has definitely put a better bite into it I think.
Hopefully too the semi finals will be a double header again when they reach that stage.
The U15 semis were a double header up the Dyke like last year so I assume they'll do the same with the Minor.

Rather entertaining f*ck up from Meyler & Co. They entered 3 teams in the national U16 tournaments but dropped a load of fellas before the finals weekend so now have had to ask all these young fellas to come back for "the cause". Doesn't exactly instill confidence.

Rather entertaining f*ck up from Meyler & Co. They entered 3 teams in the national U16 tournaments but dropped a load of fellas before the finals weekend so now have had to ask all these young fellas to come back for "the cause". Doesn't exactly instill confidence.
Don't worry, all the dropped lads will be back in a shot if asked

Don't worry, all the dropped lads will be back in a shot if asked
Always enjoy your contributions leeside_rebel but the days when the Cork hurling panel was the only holy grail for young hurlers are long gone. If this cock-up happened you might get everyone to return but some will be pissed off or their parents will be pissed off and we may lose out on them if choices eventually have to be made between hurling and other sports including football. It’s an unnecessary mistake. We can’t take young lads’ loyalty for granted anymore.

Always enjoy your contributions leeside_rebel but the days when the Cork hurling panel was the only holy grail for young hurlers are long gone. If this cock-up happened you might get everyone to return but some will be pissed off or their parents will be pissed off and we may lose out on them if choices eventually have to be made between hurling and other sports including football. It’s an unnecessary mistake. We can’t take young lads’ loyalty for granted anymore.
Ya good point but I think the dropped lads will be delighted to be asked back. Those on the 3rd squad knew all along they were under pressure and a chance they could be left go. So I reckon they'll jump at another opportunity to play for Cork.
Maybe some won't and that's fine too.
As for a mess up it's not the worst that could have happened. Another 20+ lads will get to play for the county next weekend and gain experience at that level.

Ya good point but I think the dropped lads will be delighted to be asked back. Those on the 3rd squad knew all along they were under pressure and a chance they could be left go. So I reckon they'll jump at another opportunity to play for Cork.
Maybe some won't and that's fine too.
As for a mess up it's not the worst that could have happened. Another 20+ lads will get to play for the county next weekend and gain experience at that level.
You can paint this any way you want.
Anytime a lad cut from a panel gets a chance to go back he should do so and go all out Davy hell for leather.
However, having already been cut at the end of that development squads 3 year process this one off opportunity is unlikely to change his outcome in there. A player who remains interested after being cut (most don’t) needs incredible focus and keep doing his best in club championship and getting ready for Harty. It’s important to remember the door is always open and if you are good enough and stay consistent Cork will come calling. Often players get the recall weeks before championship.
I agree with the previous post that especially since it went U17 being a Cork minor is no longer the glittering lure it was.

Ah but what about Big John's Passion.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brewhouse Jazz

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼