Cork Minor Football 2024

Yes we all feel for them but we must ask the question.
How come a county with 57 clubs can be so far ahead of a county with 259 clubs.?
There was such a gulf in class it's clear the fault lies in talent selection for a start.

True - one poor day and you could say it was just one of those things but after result at home v Kerry, issue is either a brutal management team or selecting the best players from a large talent pool. Even just listing football/dual clubs we should at least be competitive against likes of Kerry and Mayo. We beat Kerry in Munster final two years ago, were competitive last year and fell off a cliff this year.

Cork have 259 clubs who look for all Ireland final tickets. Barrs are counted as 2 clubs in that 259. Glen & Nicks are counted as 2 when they use the same facilities, same players etc. Ballymartle & Belgooly have 2 adult clubs but only 1 juvenile club.
In reality, there are probably about 150 underage clubs in Cork, a handful of hurling only (Cloughduv, Newtown) and a fair few football only (West of clon, Macroom & Kanturk)
But the point still stands, Cork have a bigger and wider pick than any other county.
Last time I checked Cork have around 115 hurling clubs in the county. These are clubs that field from juvenile to adult. No double counting of different underage names ect.
I take a guess and say 150 football clubs.

These are significanly lower that the 260 GAA number that always gets bandied around.Cork have the biggest pick but not nearly as pronounced as some would believe.

Last time I checked Cork have around 115 hurling clubs in the county. These are clubs that field from juvenile to adult. No double counting of different underage names ect.
I take a guess and say 150 football clubs.

These are significanly lower that the 260 GAA number that always gets bandied around.Cork have the biggest pick but not nearly as pronounced as some would believe.
115 sounds slightly low
You have 60 playing county league and 7 divisions with another 70 Junior A&an clubs I’d say.
In Cork despite the narrative pushed around by the city, there are more playing football, 20% more clubs and 20% more players.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Murry
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

17th Nov 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Now You See It

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼