Cork minor Football 2022

DougMM

Didn’t see a thread for this yet. Cork will play Kerry in the Munster minor football semi-final on the 12th of May in Tralee @ 7pm.

Whoever loses that match will get another chance to qualify for the Munster final by playing the winner of the phase 1 competition, which contains Tipp, Waterford, Limerick and Clare.

Has anybody heard anything about a potential squad or how they are getting on in the challenge match circuit?

Any idea of a team folks, this is my tuppence worth:

Joshua Woods
Gearoid Daly Daniel Andrews James Burke
Daniel Quinn Conor O'Sullivan Mark O'Sullivan
Colm Geary Colm Gillespie
Joe Hartnett Brian Hayes Alan O'Connell
Sean Mac An tSaoi Aaron O'Sullivan Mark Kelleher

9 Subs from the following: Michael Whelan, Callum O'Neill, Tim O'Brien, Brian Dore, Ruairi O'Donovan, Trevor Kiely, Aidan Kelly, Colin Arundel, Conor Cronin, Max Sheridan, Sam Sheridan, Hugh O'Mahony, Michael O'Donovan, Michael O'Connell, Neville O'Leary, Harry Quilligan, Ronan Power, Ciaran Buckley, Adam Dodd, Artjomas Petrov, Sam Pickering, Fionn Heffernan, Ciaran O'Leary, Fintan O'Leary, Gary Holland, Sean Lawton, Callum McElhinney, Hugh Mulcahy, Stephen O'Shea, Deccie Copps.

Joshua Woods

9 Subs from the following: Michael Whelan, Callum O'Neill, Tim O'Brien, Brian Dore, Ruairi O'Donovan, Trevor Kiely, Aidan Kelly, Colin Arundel, Conor Cronin, Max Sheridan, Sam Sheridan, Hugh O'Mahony, Michael O'Donovan, Michael O'Connell, Neville O'Leary, Harry Quilligan, Ronan Power, Ciaran Buckley, Adam Dodd, Artjomas Petrov, Sam Pickering, Fionn Heffernan, Ciaran O'Leary, Fintan O'Leary, Gary Holland, Sean Lawton, Callum McElhinney, Hugh Mulcahy, Stephen O'Shea, Deccie Copps.
CORKONIAN1 your knowledge of the underage is fantastic...how does this panel rate ?

CORK1990

It's very hard to say at underage. This team is only my guess based on players I know and what I've see & heard. I could be wrong on some of the defence but confident with my mid-field and forwards selection.

I'd rate Conor O'Sullivan as an all round defender/mid-fielder.

Deccie Coops would be a certainty in defence if fit, he struggled with a dislocated shoulder injury and then he got glandular fever which will unfortunately keep him out I believe.

Colm Gillespie was there last year at wing-forward, a tall lad and good in the air. Colm Geary is similiar. Brian Hayes is a good playmaker who can score, he was also on last year's panel.

Sean Mac An tSaoi is a stylish forward who could easily have played with the Cork minor hurlers. Mark Kelleher is small but fast with plenty football. Aaron O'Sullivan was on last year's panel as a defender and he's playing in attack this year, he could also end up half-forward.

James Burke and Joe Hartnett won a county U16 title last year with Douglas. There are more Douglas players on the panel I've named that could make the team. AFAIK Joe is a younger brother of Brian and Niall.

Gearoid Daly should play in a more central position in 2023 as he is underage again next year.

They should be a handy side but have to play Kerry in Tralee, however if they lose they will get another chance unlike other years.

Joshua Woods

AFAIK Daniel Andrews did his cruciate. I think there's a Ben O'Sullivan from Adrigole on the panel as well. He was the main scorer for the beara team that won the County last year

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼