Cork Hurlers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on topic...

I left Ireland over 20 years ago and Frank Murphy was in charge then. I remember at the time, my father, a great GAA man, telling me after we won the hurling in '86 me, "I don't know how we are still winning All-Irelands with that little fucking gangster in charge" Very true Dad - RIP.

And he is still there. The relative success we have had has maybe masked a lot of his dictatorship, but with the state we are in now and will be in for the foreseeable future, maybe someone somewhere or maybe outright revolt will make him stand down.

I doubt it though. He is the captain of the Titanic and will rearrange the deck chairs to his liking.

Back on topic...

I left Ireland over 20 years ago and Frank Murphy was in charge then. I remember at the time, my father, a great GAA man, telling me after we won the hurling in '86 me, "I don't know how we are still winning All-Irelands with that little fucking gangster in charge" Very true Dad - RIP.

And he is still there. The relative success we have had has maybe masked a lot of his dictatorship, but with the state we are in now and will be in for the foreseeable future, maybe someone somewhere or maybe outright revolt will make him stand down.

I doubt it though. He is the captain of the Titanic and will rearrange the deck chairs to his liking.

Some truth there but Gerald McCarthy is a complete gangster. You can't blame everything on Frank. The players need to stop whinging also.

Back on topic...

Justin Mac said it in his book, we're winning All Irelands inspite of the present structure, not because of it

Back on topic...

My old fella passed on in 81 and he had no time for the "little Corporal" as he called him.
27 years later and he is still there.

Back on topic...

Sad but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 1pm

More events ▼