Cork Hurlers - Part 2

See Joe Cannings column in the IT today? Same thing..

'Throughout my Galway career we always regarded Cork as fragile. Nice hurlers and all that, but not a team to be afraid of in a close game, going down the stretch. I think I lost one championship game to Cork – and I’m talking about U16, minor, U21, senior.'

I said it way back in this thread, I was talking with one of the most prominent current hurlers in the country and he said the same thing - said theres not enough dog in us, no ones going to growl at you, no one going to shove it down your throat.

Clare will have last week in their minds.. lets see. My Clare buddy is suggesting we take a draw and shake hands on it now!
This is maddening, we been picking nice hurlers for years and are seen as push overs.

This is maddening, we been picking nice hurlers for years and are seen as push overs.
The difference between a nice hurler and a fella who's going to go to battle for you is all in the heart, not the wrists. No one gets to hurl IC unless they have savage hurling ability, so its a case of what we are going to do to drive it home.

The only way to ever answer those critics is to win those tight matches, then people will sit up and take notice, until then they will believe that we can be pushed aside when the chips are down. We were beaten by 1 point 3 times last season, limerick won by 1 point 3 times I think.. There is no coincidence or bad luck in that stat

Lads Derek McGrath writes some amount of shite. This is a snippet from his article in the Examiner today.

The psychological concept of flow made famous by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi whereby a state of optimal concentration coincides with freedom looks to be something that Limerick constantly chase.
He obviously doesn't proofread his ChatGPT anecdotes.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Cooper Clarke
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

19th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼