Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Cork have been successful in underage at recent years,
The absolute folly of a development program that prioritizes juvenile success over focusing on a development pathway that will deliver senior players. Many professional teams learnt this lesson the hard way too over the years, so Cork GAA aren’t the only dopes.

I dunno lads , it be very hard to pick the players up from that next week . Clare are at a different level than us and if they turn up next Sunday ,they could skin us really badly . Im a big fan of Pat Ryan after his success of U20s but im sick to death of Cork hurling now. All fucking excuses we are for the last 10 years. We have become a delusional hurling county at Senior level. If I was Pat Ryan next week i be playing mostly young guys and dropping at least 5r6 players from todays starting line up. Its actually depressing thinking about it . I loved Barretts fight he brought today , its more of that we need, not poncing around some fellas were today . The more I think about it the more I despair.

Lads we need to ship out all the old fellas Hoggie Harnedy Damien and get in the likes of Buckley and leahy from the 20s and iswell the best man marker in the county isn’t even on the 24 Sean o Leary hates can’t understand the problem with us is tbat we have too many passengers

Lads we need to ship out all the old fellas Hoggie Harnedy Damien and get in the likes of Buckley and leahy from the 20s and iswell the best man marker in the county isn’t even on the 24 Sean o Leary hates can’t understand the problem with us is tbat we have too many passengers
I wouldn’t agree on some individuals but bringing in fresh blood is exactly what should have been done over the last 15 months..

And iswell why isn’t Robbie cotter on the best player in the senior championship last year cabt even make the 24 I’m sick to death of this shit with cork I think I’ll start supporting either limerick or tipp

I actually think now, this evening, is not the time to go naming and criticizing individual players. No one had a terribly off day really. It was a collective disaster both on the field and on the line.
In the last 12 months I haven’t seen a single post on here that would provide any short term solution to Corks ongoing demise in hurling. Instead I see posts about player A (who we know isn’t good enough anymore) being dropped and pick player B (who was never good ever enough for this standard) it’s depressing.

I linked an article during the week of Pat Ryan. He’s simply not up for it. Still not ruthless and learned nothing from last year. Moving TOC back even tho everyone knows he’s an attacking midfielder. Not making the right changes at the right time. His backroom must be afraid of him so have to take blame too. He said he’d bite your hand off for 3rd place, as I said, what type of example is that for the players when the manager would settle for 3rd.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

28th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Centre Stage School Footworks 2024

Cork Opera House, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼