Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Some interesting insight from Christy here, blames last years injuries on a S&C plan that focussed on tackling etc pre season. We look in great condition it has to be said at the moment, today will show it more though.

I’d agree with KYS concerns a couple of pages back but Davy also risking a bunch of lads that might be undercooked. I can see both defences on top for long periods today lads, and our bench to get the job done late on. ROF goal & Cork to win by 3.

Some interesting insight from Christy here, blames last years injuries on a S&C plan that focussed on tackling etc pre season. We look in great condition it has to be said at the moment, today will show it more though.

I’d agree with KYS concerns a couple of pages back but Davy also risking a bunch of lads that might be undercooked. I can see both defences on top for long periods today lads, and our bench to get the job done late on. ROF goal & Cork to win by 3.
On paper I prefer Waterford's team. I think they have more question marks than Cork in other respects, though. The main ones are the key players who have had little or no game time, and how Davy is likely to set them up - I think we will see a lot of crowding in the middle and pot shots from distance. If they had a game-plan that involved keeping at least two men inside and feeding them with ball into space created by other forwards dropping out,I would tip them to win. As it is, I'm giving a tentative nod to Cork.

I’m confident Cork have the better team today, if we match or better Waterfords work rate for the full 70mins we’ll win this game.

Any slacking off of effort could easily see us beaten though.

Getting points on the board away from home today is crucial and gives a great platform to get out of Munster.

Safe journey to all the rebels headed east today.

Some day for it , a smell of Munster hurling championship in the air, this is what its all about going into a lions den and the players stepping up and absolutely loving the challenge ahead. We need fast hard hurling the second the ball is thrown in, to the final whistle . Be taking no fucking prisoners and make a statement to the hurling world that Cork be taking no shit from anyone this year.Were here to win the All Ireland and fuck the rest. We want blood and thunder, hurleys broken players giving every inch of their being for the Jersey . No excuses.
Its a simple game.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Route66

Cantys, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼