Cork Hurlers - Part 2

When you consider how the Waterford players have treated managers in the past.
Sneaking around behind their backs, approaching other managers etc
They deserve what they get.
Zero sympathy for them.
I didn’t ask where he wanted them to go but it sounds like they don’t care where it is!

I’m can imagine why players have no interest in his shite TBH, he’s yesterdays man

Was in N avan so did not see the game, 3-21 scored out of that 3-10 by 2 players no other player got more than a point. You wont win munster with a half forward line scoring 3 or less points. B Cunningham should have played last Saturday
Why should he have played?
He played for the Barrs the previous weekend and by all accounts was anonymous.
Why should PR ditch another player to make way for Ben who's not yet up to speed after an injury lay off?

Your opinion in relation to the HF line is not worth the space it takes up here given that you didn't see the game.

FWIW I thought the HF line did quite well in a way that we haven’t been seeing - they were physically dominant and secured a huge amount of possession from long puck outs and dirty ruck ball - granted the opposition were relatively light and not up to much

I thought Deccies game fell off at that point and Harnedy struggled to impose himself as an attacking force. Hayes did fine early on and Barrett was in an out of the corner, always using his physicality well

It was the kind of day where they were working the ball inside and into the corners rather than picking off long range points, very much felt like instructions from the line, same as them working on the longer puck out strategy. AC didn’t get 6 or 7 goal chances watching the HF line picking their points off all day!

We will have no problem scoring more from HF when we are fully up to speed, the criticism has always been that we don’t compete physically in that line, and that they haven’t been securing their own possession - they did both of those well

anyone else think Corks game should go up another few gears in the coming weeks with the harder pitches coming in the spring.

Our pace hasn’t been utilised to its full potential on the heavier ground over winter.

If you are ok with a half forward line scoring only 3 points between that a bit of advice ,dont book a hotel in Dublin for July.
If they graft enough for others to score heavily there's no problem especially in a contest that was well and truly over early on. Deccie Daltons piece of skill to set up Brian Hayes for a well taken point was class combination play between 2 of the half-forwards which I didn't see in the other games throughout the league although some of Cian Lynch's flicks come close.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..

Io Capitano (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼