Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Jack O Connor was outstanding. Fair play to him. He had put his hand up again. Hayes showed up very well inside.

Lehane had a very good second half on tbe wing. Good to get minutes into Coleman, Cahalane, Harnedy and Connolly etc.

Apart from that it's still very disjointed at times. We went from getting some fantastic scores to absolutely falling asleep when we went so far ahead. You'd like to see a little more ruthlessness at this stage.

I was disappointed in Barrett. He drops and spills a lot of ball under pressure. Every time he makes a tackle its 50/50 whether he gives away a free. He needs to do a lot more and he is capable I believe.

Waterford are terrible. Not sure where they are going. They looked better vs Clare the last day though I suppose

Left Barrett on took Hoggie & Lehane off, then the whole game changed .wtf are we doing.
Barrett was woeful in the 2nd half. Couldn't pick up the ball, gave away silly frees. Can't understand how Lehane went off and Barrett stayed on.

Saunderson really showed his inexperience in the last 15 mins, his puck outs were very poor. Cost us 2 pts but he'll learn

Brian Roche made zero impact

Management won't be happy with this

Roche is struggling for form. Jack O Connor must have been flying in training hence the start today. I'd like to see him produce against better opposition though. Barrett was very poor, Tommy was peripheral also. Another hamstring injury to add to the list. Anyone know what happened O Donoghue.

Good to see a few lads back and getting runs. Saunderson did ok, needs a lot of coaching at this level. Can't understand why no one was talking to him about puckouts in last 10mins. We should have buried Waterford but no, we go back to the same mentality we had,,,yera we're grand,we'll coast along till final whistle. So annoying to watch.

A win is a win..
That’s the best that can be said about that team performance. Very low intensity.
We struggled against a dire Waterford side.
Some decent individual displays alright but overall rather depressing.
With managers all so obsessively on about the process etc you’d be worried where Cork are.. otherwise I’d put today diwn to just beating a shite Waterford team in the league in winter weather again

A win is a win..
That’s the best that can be said about that team performance. Very low intensity.
We struggled against a dire Waterford side.
Some decent individual displays alright but overall rather depressing.
With managers all so obsessively on about the process etc you’d be worried where Cork are.. otherwise I’d put today diwn to just beating a shite Waterford team in the league in winter weather again
I think the played with good intensity bar the last 12 min or so. Lots of pressure on the ball most of the day.

My view:
Relief.
Jack was man of the match and Ger M is a good old-fashioned defender. CJ is a joy to watch.
Other positives:
Seamie still has it. Eoin D and Rob for the short time he was on are serious players. Great to see Alan C back - and he’s grown!
BH had an excellent first half.
At the end I missed Sean Twomey

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼