Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Absolutely and vice versa you've no idea about me either.
But the fact you suggest a fella can't improve or develop in their 20's shows your deluded and out of touch with modern hurling.
Sure tell the GDA's and the lads that run the Coaching Course that Games Based Scenario won't work and our coaching philosophy's are wrong.
Enjoy the game pal.

It is preposterous to say a fella on the panel this length of time is somehow going to develop the basic hurling skill of fielding a ball, he is an impact sub at best. At this stage at least 3/4 senior coaches have tried and he hasn’t developed, time to develop someone else there, no other serious county in the country would continue to do this

Ok Sound post.
Looks like they are trying various combinations in MF.
O'Connell and O'Callaghan named there for the weekend.
No sign of Darragh Fitz
Cork hurling team named to play Kilkenny this Saturday night:
1.Patrick Collins, Ballinhassig
2.Eoin Downey, Glen Rovers
3.Eoin Roche ,Bride Rovers
4.Sean O’Donoghue, Inniscarra (capt)
5.Tim O’Mahony, Newtownshandrum
6.Niall O’Leary, Castlelyons
7.Rob Downey, Glen Rovers
8.Tommy O’Connell, Midleton
9.Conor O’Callaghan, Dromtarriffe
10.Luke Meade, Newcestown
11.Conor Lehane ,Midleton
12.Sean Twomey, Courcey Rovers
13.Robbie O Flynn ,Erin’s Own
14.Patrick Horgan ,Glen Rovers
15.Shane Kingston, Douglas.
16.Brion Saunderson ,Midleton
17 Cathal Mc Carthy, Sarsfields
18.Ger Mellerick, Fr O’Neills
19.Daire O Leary, Water
20.Mark Colman,Blarney

It is preposterous to say a fella on the panel this length of time is somehow going to develop the basic hurling skill of fielding a ball, he is an impact sub at best. At this stage at least 3/4 senior coaches have tried and he hasn’t developed, time to develop someone else there, no other serious county in the country would continue to do this
But see that's the problem the thing is taken so out of context the point is being missed.
Me and AllCork32 were having a debate the last 2 days.
I wasn't the one that used S. Kingston as an example, AllCork32 did so I then replied to it with a comment.
Then Dagda then jumped on the bandwagon without seeing the full story and picture and continued to take more context off the debate.

Dagda has then completely disregarded development and the Game Based Scenarios.
Shane yes had plenty of time and still does. No harm in the league putting a high ball down the lads and seeing how we get on. One week the league is for experimenting and then it's not? You can't win.
Dagda snapping at the suggestion of giving a high ball to Kingston tonight even tho the debate stemmed from the Clare game last week 🤣

Anthony Daly stirring it up again today in the examiner about the hassle getting to PUC and even cork supporters won’t turn up on numbers due to it. The Clare agenda continues when it comes to PUC , the examiner giving him his platform on paper & podcast and he is doing some hatchet job on PUC.

You love taking things out of context fella.
GDA's are the ones going to clubs/schools/Rebel Og Squads and also run courses for coaches that encourage to adapt the games based approach as it teaches more skills. Models/Philosophy's/Approaches like that clearly weren't around in your time as you refuse to acknowledge them or see the benefit.
Sad enough that you take things out of context as its's the only way to get your point across to be 'right' or to 'win' an internet debate.
You're hilarious.
Im just back from St Vincent's where the Cork camogie development squads were training but thanks for your synopsis about GDAs and skills development.

Taking things out of context?
lol,
You claim Kingston can be trained now, not when he was younger but now to be a high ball winner at intercounty level.
How do you plan to do this?
Throw some high balls down on him in training games and then use the league to perfect his skill and then the other teams won't know what's hit them come championship when Kingston morphs into a high ball winning monster.
I bow before your amazing GAA knowledge.
😂

If I recall correctly Ben and Jerry O Connor weren’t exactly brilliant at catching high ball but they more than delivered for the team.
Total different style of hurling back then.
That ended in 2006.
By the way I think Kingston has a valuable role in the squad. Just not a high ball winning starter. Rather as a sub fed the ball and running hard at tiring defences.

You're hilarious.
Im just back from St Vincent's where the Cork camogie development squads were training but thanks for your synopsis about GDAs and skills development.

Taking things out of context?
lol,
You claim Kingston can be trained now, not when he was younger but now to be a high ball winner at intercounty level.
How do you plan to do this?
Throw some high balls down on him in training games and then use the league to perfect his skill and then the other teams won't know what's hit them come championship when Kingston morphs into a high ball winning monster.
I bow before your amazing GAA knowledge.
😂
Any games based approach drills? Or Games based scenarios?

I didn't claim - AllCork32 used him as an example so I put it back on him.
Well done for keeping up and taking it out of context you look very very silly now.
Next time if you see a debate go back to the start of it and get the full picture before you look like a clown.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Shlomo Franklin

The Richmond Revival, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼