Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Awful game today, It was the first time i’ve went to a double header and came out enjoying the football more!
It’s awful when that happens 🤣
I thought S. Kingston showed his experience today, I thought he was the most clinical player today and was the calm head needed when you have a lot of debutants.
Shane was very clinical today, but he always is when he gets a run on the defenders, the issue against better teams is can he win his own ball
Ben Cunningham seemed to be a bit shell shocked today even with the little pressure against the relegation team for the league.
Things didn’t happen for Ben today, but the kid is class and will be back stronger
Luke Meade again I thought he was very poor (even for his standards). I honestly forgot he was playing until the last ten minutes when every time I looked over at him he was walking with hands on hips.
Luke was center foward but never played there, he was our midfield all day leaving a huge hole in our attack, he’s a midfielder nothing else
B. Hayes, E. Downey, C. O’Brien, T. O’Connell, S. Kingston, S. Barrett, B. Hayes all impressed, the rest were not good enough on the day but there is still room to improve for our young players.
You weren’t impressed by Niall O Leary? I thought he looked very assured today. What did you make of Ethan Twomey?

Does it not tell you something that two of the three players you mentioned to start championship were, along with Luke Meade, the most experienced players on the pitch, and the third is no rookie either. Young players need time and encouragement, they are getting that under this management but they also don’t need to be built up by keyboard supporters as the saviours of Cork hurling
Wow. Talk about hypocritical

Jury's out on Niall O'Leary. Needs a couple more good performances against big teams. Right now, I don't think he's starting championship. Susceptible to a brain-fart in every game that ends up giving away a goal or at least a goal chance. Similar to Collins in goal in that respect. But hopefully this aspect of their games will improve as they build experience. Both still relatively young.

Full back line come championship I think will be SOD, one of Eoin/Rob Downey, and Conor O'Callaghan. Callaghan has arguably been the player of the season so far, is definitely after earning the championship corner back jersey IMO. So for me, Niall o'Leary competing for the number 3, and I'm not sure he gets it ahead of either Downey. Although, all could change with a couple big league games still to go.

Full back line come championship I think will be SOD, one of Eoin/Rob Downey, and Conor O'Callaghan. Callaghan has arguably been the player of the season so far, is definitely after earning the championship corner back jersey IMO. So for me, Niall o'Leary competing for the number 3, and I'm not sure he gets it ahead of either Downey. Although, all could change with a couple big league games still to go.
Barring a disaster I think Eoin Downey is a banker to start championship

Way too early to even guess at a Championship team. The only certainties in their positions are Collins, Joyce and Robbie if he is fit. It is great to have lads fighting for places anyway and finding the best team, not just the best individual for the position. There must be a group of about 40 lads at training hopping off each other.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Elephant Sessions
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

20th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 1:45pm

More events ▼