Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Limerick only ever focus on themselves, their performance, their stats, their targets.
They need to re-establish that aura of invincibility that has been slightly dented.
The notion that they would compromise on this because of some fictional fear of meeting Cork later on is genuinely laughable.
The aura of invincibility is only in supporters heads and if it has gotten into opposition heads over the years then that's down to those teams to sort out. Most limerick supporters of my era (10 when we won in 73) don't buy into that description. We know we are good but also know we are always one game from defeat. 5 munsters and 5 all irelands in 6 years was beyond our dreams but invisible, well no every team is beatable and every run will end eventually. I'd expect our lads to give it their all next Sunday, I can guarantee you there's no thoughts of draws and putting cork out. If we meet later in the year and are good enough on the day we will do that,if not we will shake the hand of the nearest cork person and wish them the best of luck.

Fair enough. I respect you very much as a poster so I appreciate your position. I think a lot of people are going to be proven wrong when Joyce goes back to 6 when fit. A lot of the same people had Coleman going to midfield.

I just don't get your necessity to move Downey from 6 where he's had two stormers in back-to-back must-win games providing a great balance with those around him. If Joyce is to come back as a starter can he not slot in somewhere else given how he's allegedly such a superstar unless and until Downey has a poor game at 6 🤷‍♂️

The aura of invincibility is only in supporters heads and if it has gotten into opposition heads over the years then that's down to those teams to sort out. Most limerick supporters of my era (10 when we won in 73) don't buy into that description. We know we are good but also know we are always one game from defeat. 5 munsters and 5 all irelands in 6 years was beyond our dreams but invisible, well no every team is beatable and every run will end eventually. I'd expect our lads to give it their all next Sunday, I can guarantee you there's no thoughts of draws and putting cork out. If we meet later in the year and are good enough on the day we will do that,if not we will shake the hand of the nearest cork person and wish them the best of luck.
Well said

I just don't get your necessity to move Downey from 6 where he's had two stormers in back-to-back must-win games providing a great balance with those around him. If Joyce is to come back as a starter can he not slot in somewhere else given how he's allegedly such a superstar unless and until Downey has a poor game at 6 🤷‍♂️
My God the overreaction is breath taking. Now Downey had two stormers. He played well. Again it wasn’t some unbelievable Cork defensive performance against Limerick and Tipp is plain awful. He was asleep to start both games btw. You can argue he played a major role in Tipp even being close to Cork at half. How does that half look without the goal he played a major role allowing?

Is Joyce a superstar? Guess it depends on your criteria. There was absolutely no one on the planet rating Downey ahead of him a couple weeks ago. Two games later the guy cannot be moved from center back. This mentality is bizarre.

We’ve looked more secure at 6 the last 2 games than the first 2 games. CJ wasn’t unreal there by any stretch of anyones imagination against either Waterford or Clare. And if you’re cherry picking goals that lads were at fault for, where was CJ for Barrons goal and do you think Barron would’ve got that goal if Rob Downey was playing centre back?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

I Saw The Tv Glow (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼