Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I live there, de_MangeY, and to be honest, it's taken some of the pleasure out of hurling for me. My brother-in-law is from Kerry and the back and forth with him and his friends is like night and day compared to the Kilkenny pricks. At this point, I give most people in KK the impression that I don't have a huge interest in hurling.
They are a tough crowd to like. I enjoy talking sport with all supporters.

Was lucky to be in a KK hotel recently, having a great hurling chat with strangers from Lim and Tipp and Donegal.

Was chatting anyway with a KK fella on hurling. As soon as he clicked I was from Cork. His face started scowling and he pretty much walked away....Pathetic stuff.

I think Cusacks Stepford wives comments have soured them against all Cork. They are a miserable shower...

Obviously, but the post I responded to was suggesting that Limerick would forego winning a game to make sure Cork would get eliminated.

It indicates that JK would think that Waterford are not to be feared in later stages which is completely disrespectful towards Waterford, who have been excellent this championship and who have outstanding players.

If we get out we have a shot at an AI, but we'll need to continue to learn and improve game to game.
We have enough to work on that a team like Limerick would back themselves to beat us in Croke Park 9 times out of 10.
I'm pretty damned sure that's the way Pat Ryan and his team see it too.
We're still underdogs to Limerick and Clare, and I'd be wary of a KK and Galway in the latter stages of the AI as well.
We have different spirit and personnel in the set-up now, we're playing a game that suits our players and is bringing the best out of them, but I still remember 22 and how it all came apart v Galway.

Agree with all of that, but I think Galway may be in a bit of a battle in Leinster. They won't have it all their own way against dublin, even in Galway, and are currently in 4th position - a draw (yeah I know) or win for dub and Galway are gone. Been some unusual results in Leinster this year.

I was travelling from the city.

I went via North Cork. That option is open to anyone...

Yeah we know that. People travelling from Cork City (and even Fermoy) to Thurles will invariably travel through North Cork - that's how geography works.

It's the particular parts of North Cork and route taken is the trick. You had to travel to a fixed point to drop off kids I think you said, others don't have that route constraint and can and likely do devise a better route. Not that yours is necessarily wrong, just that there are different options available.

As the old saying goes "If I was you I wouldn't start from here at all" 😇

I live there, de_MangeY, and to be honest, it's taken some of the pleasure out of hurling for me. My brother-in-law is from Kerry and the back and forth with him and his friends is like night and day compared to the Kilkenny pricks. At this point, I give most people in KK the impression that I don't have a huge interest in hurling.
Yeah, GAA is good craic in general.. we are all from different counties and might see things differently, but in the end the banter tends to be respectful enough and people wish each other well the majority of the time.. except KK. They are all experts, they all know exactly how the game should be played and whats wrong with it.. they also all know that there was absolutely nothing out of place while they were winning, and are not slow to tell you what your county is doing wrong and why it wont be fixed. An absolute shower of know-it-all-shitheads

The train back to Dublin after the match on Sunday couldn't have been more opposite to a post KK session. Absolutely no gloating out of the cork fans, in fact the opposite.. most delighted with the win and playing down where it might lead, looking at next weekend more than anything. Tipp fans downbeat but gracious and not a sign of an argument.

What ever you say about kilkenny fans the Clare fans are way worse,the amount of abuse we got last year after they beat us in th football was unbearable.Animals is all they are.
I couldn't say thats my experience, I find them a decent bunch. I had one of the stranger experiences when we drew the first all ireland game with them.. I had been sitting next to a Clare lady to my left and we had spent the game cheering our own on. The final whistle goes, and she turns, grabs me in a bear hug and starts roaring crying with the emotion of it all! I got left holding this complete blubbering stranger wondering when it was ok to let go again!

The final whistle at the replay could well have been that scene in reverse if she was around!

Sorry if asked and answered already, but here it goes...

There are permutations on Sunday where scoring difference comes into it. The one in relation to which I have a question is the least likely, but I do love me permutations...

If Waterford and Tipp win on Sunday (I know, but stranger things have happened...) then Cork, Lim and Clare end up on 4 points with Waterford into the final (on 5 points) and Tipp out (on 3 points). I know that in this scenario it goes to scoring difference. Lim are currently on +16, Cork are on +15 and Clare are on 0 (zero). As in this scenario both Lim and Clare are losing on Sunday, and thus their scoring diff will be disproving, not improving, it means Cork will definitely be in the top 3 and will qualify and Limerick, unless they lose by 16 more than Clare lose by (a tad unlikely!) would also go through. So far so relatively easy.

Question relates though to who qualifies for the Munster Final. If Lim lose by 2 points or more its obviously that it will be Cork (as Lim’s scoring diff will go to +14 or less), but what if they are beaten by a point and end up on the same scoring diff as Cork (+15)?

In soccer, if scoring diff is the same, you then usually go to goals scored. Is it the same here (well points and goals scored?). If so, we are currently on 11-107 and Lim are on 8-68 so unless Lim post 3-39 or better, while losing(!), they aren’t going to match us.

Anyone know if this is the case (i.e. that you go to amount scored if scoring diff is the same)?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

From Source To Sea

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼