Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It was good to see Cork kept the boot on the pedal right to the end yesterday, No mercy shown, Plenty of fellas looking to impress,
Also, possibility (albeit reomote) that it could come down to scoring difference after next week. Would require a poor Tipp outfit, with nothing to play for, beating Clare and a Waterford win v Limerick.

I hope they're a pity for at least another 20 years. Since our last AI win, they've managed to put away a few Celtic crosses in their back pockets. I'd love to see us do a similar demolition job on Kilkeny, if we get the opportunity this year.

Thank God for them in 2010, stopping Cody's KK getting the five in a row!
Our current famine putting their 1971-1989 one in the shade at this stage!!

Yesterday was the 1st time i was in the town in terrace since the day Henry Shefflin was sent of and it brought back great memories of been there back in the 80;s and 90's ,the crack we had those days was am.azing.
One question and it is why do most of the supporters head to Horse and Jockey and in to Thurles instead of turning off at Cashel and heading through Holycross.

Yesterday was the 1st time i was in the town in terrace since the day Henry Shefflin was sent of and it brought back great memories of been there back in the 80;s and 90's ,the crack we had those days was am.azing.
One question and it is why do most of the supporters head to Horse and Jockey and in to Thurles instead of turning off at Cashel and heading through Holycross.

Hollycross generally a better option but I'd say much of a muchness yesterday with I'd say at least 30,000 travelling from Cork.
Took "long way" to Holycross yesterday after the match, past the Ship pub.

Delays at toll plaza ridiculous. They eventually opened the barriers and let traffic through but should have been done much earlier.

What’s gonna happen with Joyce now ?
Downey looks excellent center back and Coleman and O’Mahony seemed to play very well yesterday
Great to see hoggy playing with a smile on his face
Absolute legend

Now that the euphoria of yesterday is calming down, I think there is still a bit we can improve on which - I dont see this as negative, more wondering what the full potential of the team could be

The delivery of the ball into space in front of the forwards in the 1st half in particular yesterday was not at the same level as the Limerick game. We hit a good few high, lobbed passes at the corners which gives the forwards no chance, got turned over in most of them. Those were landing in front of the forward last week, and generally played with a lower trajectory

Our shooting in the 1st half was poor, I dont have the stats but reckon we hit 6 or 7 wides and it kept Tipp in the game. TBH, I was very relaxed as I could see the only reason they were staying with us was of our own making, and we sorted it 2nd half. We cant afford those periods though

I thought TOM struggled in the 1st half yesterday. Fair enough he came back strong in the 2nd half but the game had changed at that point. Im a big fan, but he will need to improve again for the bigger tests

Maybe I was seeing something else yesterday but I thought Harnedy struggled by his own standards, I reckon he had 3 or 4 wides, and at least 2 of those were uncontested from mid-close range. He worked his socks off, and was delighted for him when he eventually took that point. You'll never get all 15 firing on all cylinders I suppose, and it was balanced by some outstanding displays

SOD needs to be very careful, I know that role involves playing on the edge but he is all over the men he marks. He's a physical machine and gets out in front very often, but if he gets a picky ref he could struggle

Hopefully Tuomey isn't hurt, any word there? He has really settled into the role and works his nuts off for the team, fearless

I think a few of your points here, understandably, suffer from recency bias.

Joyce is our best player and easily comes back into the team. Whether that's at 5 or 6 remains to be seen - I'd probably slot him back into Centre Back with Downey to the wing.

Ethan Twomey was outstanding against Limerick in midfield. A much tougher outing than the second half yesterday. His tackling and aggression is something that Meade doesn't have. Twomey is a nice compliment to Darragh as well, and should 100% hold onto his jersey if we move forward in this championship.
You'd be nuts to move Rob Downey from 6. Hes had two excellent games there and looks a perfect centre back.
If it's not broke don't fix it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Aurie Styla - Comedy Stop Cork
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

11th Oct 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Chris McGrath

Arty's Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼