Cork Hurlers - Part 2

This Cork team has an All Ireland in them, thought Tim struggled in first half and O Donoghue was umder savage pressure , going into Croke Park if we qualify next week i be worried about them two. Joyce certainly is a banker to slot in the backline. I wouldnt rule out him at full back and young Downey to Corner . Anyword on Ethan Twomey.

I would think Limerick will want to lay down a marker as well after getting beaten by Cork their last day out, a draw would be another bad day out for them psychologically!

Same. They’re still the best team in the country and thinking they’d fix a draw just to see the back of Cork is probably wide of the mark.

I think they’d prefer another crack off Cork to try set the record straight if anything.

I think Waterford will be physically and emotionally drained and Lmk will win by 8+ points.

Also not to forget Kingston, after a few tough years he’s really starting to bubble now.

He’s one of the most explosive players in the country and is a complete nightmare coming on against defenders with fatigued legs.

Great to see Shane playing with swagger and confidence again, I’m delighted for him
There’s no weak links on this team. Bench is strong and we will not fear anyone. In 1970’s our full forward line of Charlie McCarthy, Ray Cummins and Seanie O’ Leary with Eamon O’ Donoghue coming on, took us through many tight games.

This Cork team has an All Ireland in them, thought Tim struggled in first half and O Donoghue was umder savage pressure , going into Croke Park if we qualify next week i be worried about them two. Joyce certainly is a banker to slot in the backline. I wouldnt rule out him at full back and young Downey to Corner . Anyword on Ethan Twomey.
Ryan will sort it out… I’ve full confidence in him!

Despite not wanting to give oxygen to something as stupid as a manufactured draw between Waterford and Limerick, Limerick will not want to leave it so close to want to draw. If they are beaten they are out.

Limerick at home as well. Impossible to manufacture a draw in hurling but result a possibility anyway if Limerick have an off-day and Waterford give it everything.
Worry would be if either team got an equalising score with a minute or so to play, that with both teams knowing the lie of the land, one team would play it cautiously around their backs and opponents would make no big effort to turn it over.

How fantastic is it to see Connelly and Hayes, win ball off their markers and head straight for goal. Love the killer instinct here.

Connelly 1st goal was of the highest quality.
Cathal Barrett would have had Him as one of the top defenders of the last decade, teak tough reminds me of Sherlock in his prime but boy was he given a lesson he will never get over.

Meade was superb when he came on and it was a forced sub due to Twomey’s injury. He was everywhere and his distribution but short and long was fantastic. We improved a lot with him on so therefore he must start midfield.

Rob Downey has found his spot at 6. It’s a very good sign of things when Joyce is not a certainty to come back in. Far from it. The second half today was the best from that back 6 as a collective, finally helping each other out whenever possible and very few silly frees. No fucking around with short stuff close to our own goal either.

We are learning and improving a lot with each game. It would be a killer if we got knocked out next weekend because we are now a major threat for an All Ireland.

I think a few of your points here, understandably, suffer from recency bias.

Joyce is our best player and easily comes back into the team. Whether that's at 5 or 6 remains to be seen - I'd probably slot him back into Centre Back with Downey to the wing.

Ethan Twomey was outstanding against Limerick in midfield. A much tougher outing than the second half yesterday. His tackling and aggression is something that Meade doesn't have. Twomey is a nice compliment to Darragh as well, and should 100% hold onto his jersey if we move forward in this championship.

I was in Thurles yesterday, the result to me was a foregone conclusion once I saw the sea of red which engulfed Thurles.

It must have been a real blow to Cahill and his charges for their home game seats to be raided by the red army, I would say we out numbered them 4 to 1.

The performance was magnificent , you can never really beat Tipperary by enough, can you?

Cork were fired up and the supporters were too and we now have a right team to bring forward to the All Ireland series and those who couldn't see us from behind pay walls will know in the coming weeks that Cork are back.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ruben Berrios Septet

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼