Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Yesterday was a bad day for Offaly but because they played too many young , physically immature young lads.
That said they are one of the team in the mix for the under 20 championship yesterday and they had a number of players yesterday who are eligible for that competition whereas we had one.

Offaly are developing a team and it is great to see. They will however have to keep producing more good underage teams if they hope to challenge the bigger counties and that is a big challenge for them.

The lesson we all can learn from yesterday is that you cannot play young lads in senior hurling who are not physically mature.

I think your post just highlights your lack of understanding of anything to do with hurling tbh.
The lesson from yesterday is that any developing team will receive the odd hiding against the strong developed teams when they are forced to play so many underage players all at once. However there isn't any issue with playing one or two of those players as proven by Wexford playing Cian Byrne and how succesful he has been in this league campaign. Michael Dundon who is U-20 again this year is also on the Wexford senior panel. They don't develop unless they get the opportunity and those who grasp that opportunity early develop faster.

Cork have given league experience to Mullins, Saunderson, Downey, Cotter and O Callaghan this year. Ben Cunningham would almost certainly have been given time as well if fit, he may even be included nest weekend now that he is fit.

I was listening to Sunday sport yesterday as I drove home from Tullamore, I am sure plenty others as well listened to the interview with Brian Carroll after the game.
His opinion that Cork have the talent, size and speed but are far too inconsistent in their performances. He felt that the players were there to beat any county but first a consistent level of performances must be reached.
I was listening to Sunday sport yesterday as I drove home from Tullamore, I am sure plenty others as well listened to the interview with Brian Carroll after the game.
His opinion that Cork have the talent, size and speed but are far too inconsistent in their performances. He felt that the players were there to beat any county but first a consistent level of performances must be reached.
Its Year 2 of P Ryans reign. Last year in cship, we lost the nice to play against tag and worked harder than previous years. Ran Limerick very close. A real improvement.

I feel its lazy enough analysis from B Carroll to say we have everything except consistency. Only by winning the AL will it be clear we have everything. Words are wind before this.

Alot of posters talking about personnel. To me the biggest issue we will have this year is the tactics we appear to be implementing. We are continuing to pass the solitor around at the back. Passing to a man in a worse position that is being closely marked is crazy stuff. Turn overs in the last few years have been our biggest problem. Niall o l played very well yesterday but he has been turned over in very dangerous positions trying to break the tackle. If we are going to go short to damo he needs to hurry up. He receives the ball stops turns around, if nothing on he tries to break the tackle. Everyone in the stand can see this. The moaning and growning when we get turned over passing around the back.

Thoughts in both Waterford and Cork will turn exclusively to championship now methinks. We need 100% out of every player that crosses the line in Wexford and a win would be great. But we don't need management laying all the cards out for Davey.

Thoughts in both Waterford and Cork will turn exclusively to championship now methinks. We need 100% out of every player that crosses the line in Wexford and a win would be great. But we don't need management laying all the cards out for Davey.
Davey took a scalding this weekend, he has a fair bit to consider in the meantime!

We’ve been consistent for almost 20 years now.
Its year 2 of P Ryans reign. I may be taking B Carroll out of context here but to say we have Everything except consistency, straight after giving an awful Offaly a hiding, is lazy analysis.

It not like we have been beating Limerick in cship and throwing the next game.

Sorry for stating the obvious here but inconsistency is generally a sign that a team is not good enough. Applies to all sports.

Can beat most teams on their day. That day doesn’t come around often enough though.

Sorry for stating the obvious here but inconsistency is generally a sign that a team is not good enough. Applies to all sports.

Can beat most teams on their day. That day doesn’t come around often enough though.
Nope. Inconsistency is not playing to your potential. We have not been good enough to win an AL, we havent been inconsistent, just not goid enough.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

3rd Aug 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Bermuda County Council

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼