Cork Hurlers - Part 2

This is another level of shite talking
Ironic you say this to be fair to you.
I'm coming at you with possibilities and suggestions and you reply with that is shite etc. Good debate pal!
Only one shite talker here and it's you. If you think it's shite talk please back it up and call me out where I am wrong. If I'm wrong I'll apologise.
But clearly I triggered you.

Another poster here (not naming him/her) only issue found with my post was saying we need to pick ball winners in our half forwards to start with and that is absolutely bang on.

Irish Times preview goes for a KK win. Hopefully our lads will show some pride in the Jersey and make home advantage count. You’d also expect guys to be fighting hard for a championship starting slot - although based on recent selections in the forwards getting dropped is harder than it should be…
Just read that. On paper it looks like our non-tackling forward selection will get eaten by a strong looking KK back line selection - big men at 3,5,6 in particular. But I also think we can get on top on the other side of the field.

Our bench might sneak it for us - hopefully Coleman & Ethan twomey featuring. Will be a really interesting test, looking forward to it now.

Hope to see the puc out strategy showing signs of progress - that flooding of our half might work better… and please please can we sort the fucking sidelines. This bullshit of Lehane standing over them and hitting it 5m laterally into a 50/50 between 2 players has me driven demented I have to say

Just read that. On paper it looks like our non-tackling forward selection will get eaten by a strong looking KK back line selection - big men at 3,5,6 in particular. But I also think we can get on top on the other side of the field.

Our bench might sneak it for us - hopefully Coleman & Ethan twomey featuring. Will be a really interesting test, looking forward to it now.

Hope to see the puc out strategy showing signs of progress - that flooding of our half might work better… and please please can we sort the fucking sidelines. This bullshit of Lehane standing over them and hitting it 5m laterally into a 50/50 between 2 players has me driven demented I have to say
Hey Morello,

Everyone can see the logic of KK backs winning their battles against the Cork forwards selected.

In particular, Harnedy has carried us for years. Lets see who steps up tonight in the 2nd half when KK understandably make it tight, or as Jackie Tyrell says " A Battle".

They say its the hope that kills you. I'm hoping for a statement win. All part of being a Cork hurling supporter...

Your right, lets see how our puckout and sideline strategy hold up.

Big night for Cork Mgmt, can they light a fire in these players and make the right decisions under pressure.

Do yourself a favour and review the stats. It’s well known that if you hoof the sideline up the field, the opposing team comes away with possession over 80% of the time. So much so that I have seen juvenile games recently that when a team is under the cosh, they fire the ball up the field over the sideline between the 13m line and the end line…the team under the cosh gathers the resulting (hoofed) sideline from the dominant team around the halfway and launch pointed scores from there to stem the tide from the dominant team. Now, I agree, it goes against the very fabric of the game but it breeds results. Cork are imitating a KK and Clare tactic from last year which saw all short sidelines resulting in 100% success in regathering possession.

Last season we were very close two 1 point losses in Munster in the toughest venue s around away from home ...a draw in either game and we would have quailified for the All -Ireland series ...i think the problem we have and it happened in Ennis last sunday is our fade out periods during matches we concede too much in these fade outs leaving too much to score to get back at a team...
That can be sorted i believe and if we get every player back fit despite or so called lack of physicality i think we can still go places this season.
Getting everyone fit is crucial to all teams we were missing very good players at different stages last year . not an excuse .

Do yourself a favour and review the stats. It’s well known that if you hoof the sideline up the field, the opposing team comes away with possession over 80% of the time. So much so that I have seen juvenile games recently that when a team is under the cosh, they fire the ball up the field over the sideline between the 13m line and the end line…the team under the cosh gathers the resulting (hoofed) sideline from the dominant team around the halfway and launch pointed scores from there to stem the tide from the dominant team. Now, I agree, it goes against the very fabric of the game but it breeds results. Cork are imitating a KK and Clare tactic from last year which saw all short sidelines resulting in 100% success in regathering possession.
A kind or rugby...kick for touch!

Every team were missing good players at various stages during the season but we just didn’t have the depth to win without them

We’re all clinging to the narrow losses but in reality Tipp had us well beaten for most of the game but late goals snatched us a draw.

I wasn’t in Ennis but from what I’ve read it was the lack of fight that really discouraged supporters. Pat Ryan highlighted that as one of his priorities and it’s just depressing that we can’t sort it. KK at present it could be argued have a limited enough talent pool but they still put up a fight every day and reached last two finals on merit.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

14th Aug 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Re-useabalt-market

Fred Zeppelins, Tomorrow @ 4pm

More events ▼