Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Kilkenny 'keeper and the full-back line only 2nd to Limerick and along with Eoin Cody they are superior to what Cork have of which Ciaran Joyce is a big loss. I just hope home advantage counts for something but I fancy KK to shade matters.

On this day 15 years ago a lot of people went shopping..............only mentioning it in terms that 15 years is after flying............
Ive been trying to find the video of when the whole 2008 panel gave their statement and addressed the media's questions, I cant find it. I remember a quote from Donal Og saying a member of the County Board complained that the stress of it all gave him Shingles, that was hilarious

Ive been trying to find the video of when the whole 2008 panel gave their statement and addressed the media's questions, I cant find it. I remember a quote from Donal Og saying a member of the County Board complained that the stress of it all gave him Shingles, that was hilarious
i think i have it somewhere.

I'd be happy enough with the team selected from 1 to 9.

I'm a fan of Brion Saunderson but I believe the management are handling the goalkeeping position correctly so far. Saunderson is only 20 going on 21, plays the most pressurised position on the team and one bad mistake in a game v the likes of Clare or Kilkenny etc could easily set him back. He's been playing the last few weeks with UCC anyway so not like he will be rusty when called upon.

Most interested to see how Conor O Callaghan does and where he actually plays. He really impressed me in his few appearances last year before injury. Nothing fancy, just did the basics right and defended first and foremost. Looked like he'd done serious conditioning too. Haven't seen him in 12 months so looking forward to seeing how he does.

I'm disappointed and worried about the team from 10 to 15. What exactly is the plan up here? Kingston and Lehane again in the same forward unit. What is that going to achieve in terms of ball winning? Meade up there as well? Presume he will drop deeper again but jesus I don't know what Pat Ryan is doing going with the 3 of them again. I'd start Meade, use Kingston as a impact sub and in all honesty I'm not sure I'd have Lehane on the panel anymore.

Fellas suggesting SOD will move to midfield is very unlikely going from the tactics played last week.
He's one of our best man markers but also when we go short he has the speed and strength to break through the line.

As regards Saunderson not getting a chance have to agree with the below.
I'd be happy enough with the team selected from 1 to 9.

I'm a fan of Brion Saunderson but I believe the management are handling the goalkeeping position correctly so far. Saunderson is only 20 going on 21, plays the most pressurised position on the team and one bad mistake in a game v the likes of Clare or Kilkenny etc could easily set him back. He's been playing the last few weeks with UCC anyway so not like he will be rusty when called upon.
People saying Collins is costing us 4/5/6 points a game from going short, it's not Collins, it's the tactics implemented by management and Saunderson too will have to follow.

People saying Collins is costing us 4/5/6 points a game from going short, it's not Collins, it's the tactics implemented by management and Saunderson too will have to follow.
Last week Collins was dropping high ball down into space with a man running on to it, it should be a low fast ball when hitting it to space with a man running on to it. This is something that Brion is very good at and I imagine when management were drawing up the puck out routines they had low ball in mind.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

10th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brewhouse Jazz

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼