Cork Hurlers - Part 2

100% Can't wait to bring them down to the Pairc next year
Remember the 2017 MF in Thurles?
It was about 1pm before I saw the first Clare supporter of the day, the square was heaving with Cork fans by that time.
There was no cost of living crisis excuse for them either.
Essentially they will only get off their asses to travel if the venue is of their choosing and they think they have a big chance of winning.

I’ve spent two days going around with a certain narrative in my head off, ‘my God, we lost two away matches to top teams by a point each.‘ Telling myself how we are so close. But one thing we are not close to is managing games out. We generally lose tight matches And have done so for years.

Looking at the end of both matches it was the same players coughing up possession. And no, Tony Kelly doesn’t spend his time diving no matter what the hysterical among us might think here. He had the cuteness to do it against us at a time which mattered though.

Limerick held up proceedings at the end of the game on Sunday as well while we were blazing possession away and they were out on their feet. Ref gave little enough injury time on Sunday in the first place and then gave a mere 25 seconds on top of that when there seemed to be hold up after hold up during injury time.

One man‘s cheating is another man’s composure. Except for two notable cases, Seamie and DC, we lose our heads completely when it really counts. Time we stopped being so naive.

It was about 1pm before I saw the first Clare supporter of the day, the square was heaving with Cork fans by that time.
Essentially they will only get off their asses to travel if the venue is of their choosing and they think they have a big chance of winning.
Was in the Kilinan End that day where the Clare fans should’ve been, but it was nearly all Cork. I’d say we outnumbered them 10-1 that day.

That the game whereClare fucked all the sliotars were fucked over the fence?

Petulence

I’ve spent two days going around with a certain narrative in my head off, ‘my God, we lost two away matches to top teams by a point each.‘ Telling myself how we are so close. But one thing we are not close to is managing games out. We generally lose tight matches And have done so for years.

Looking at the end of both matches it was the same players coughing up possession. And no, Tony Kelly doesn’t spend his time diving no matter what the hysterical among us might think here. He had the cuteness to do it against us at a time which mattered though.

Limerick held up proceedings at the end of the game on Sunday as well while we were blazing possession away and they were out on their feet. Ref gave little enough injury time on Sunday in the first place and then gave a mere 25 seconds on top of that when there seemed to be hold up after hold up during injury time.

One man‘s cheating is another man’s composure. Except for two notable cases, Seamie and DC, we lose our heads completely when it really counts. Time we stopped being so naive.
🤷‍♂️

One thing to bear in mind in this championship from a Cork point of view is that, whether we like it or not, we were on the losing side of two very tight away games, and it's likely that a bit savvy on the line would have made the difference imho.

Crazy selection going into Ennis (so much so that many thought it was a dummy selection), and leaving Kingston (who frequently does well when coming on as sub), on for nearly an hour were two things the Cork management got very wrong I think. BUT, it's their first year in the hot seat, and with the large expectation built up in Cork over the lengthening famine, it really is a hot seat. Hopefully they will have learnt lessons and this championship will bring our management on just as it, hopefully, will bring those players with relatively little experience on.

As well as our players, or Team Management need to learn from the costly mistakes. If a player is having an off game, try him for a while in a different position to see if there's overall improvement in the team. If not, then hook him, irrespective of how well he did in seasons gone by. Good managers need to be ruthless on behalf of the greater good for the team and recognise that no player can be in top form every game. The 15 we need on the park at any given time need to be contributing.

I
🤷‍♂️

One thing to bear in mind in this championship from a Cork point of view is that, whether we like it or not, we were on the losing side of two very tight away games, and it's likely that a bit savvy on the line would have made the difference imho.

Crazy selection going into Ennis (so much so that many thought it was a dummy selection), and leaving Kingston (who frequently does well when coming on as sub), on for nearly an hour were two things the Cork management got very wrong I think. BUT, it's their first year in the hot seat, and with the large expectation built up in Cork over the lengthening famine, it really is a hot seat. Hopefully they will have learnt lessons and this championship will bring our management on just as it, hopefully, will bring those players with relatively little experience on.

As well as our players, or Team Management need to learn from the costly mistakes. If a player is having an off game, try him for a while in a different position to see if there's overall improvement in the team. If not, then hook him, irrespective of how well he did in seasons gone by. Good managers need to be ruthless on behalf of the greater good for the team and recognise that no player can be in top form every game. The 15 we need on the park at any given time need to be contributing.
I have a feeling management have already learnt lessons and will be a lot more ruthless going forward.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Skazz

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼