Cork Hurlers - Part 2

To pull Cork through we are relying on 3 factors. Firstly the team/panel being better managed and coached than they have been for championship before and that is likely under this management, secondly home advantage and thirdly the subs bench with the right calls made at the appropriate times.

The gauntlet is certainly thrown down on Damien Cahalane and Luke Meade starting. Playing Meade and trying to match the crowded middle third could also play into Waterfords hands and doesn't point too much to a direct hurling approach although I like the look of the half-forward line with the pillars on the wings and Lehane's ability to explode especially with Tadhg De Burca not playing.

I would definitely be confident enough if Sean O'Donoghue was starting but more interested now for the future.

It’s the highlight of my year each year to hear the absolute dinosaurs on this forum complain about the team before they’ve hit a ball in championship. There’s nothing wrong with thinking the team isn’t good enough and that you don’t think they can go far but you’d want to be some donkey thinking that there’s better players available (and fully fit) to be starting/in the 26. Everyone got their go in the league some took it some didn’t and there’s no doubt that’s extremely close to the best 26 we have available and fit in the county. It’s fairly obvious to see who hear wouldn’t know a hurley from a brush. I’m sick to my teeth of clowns insulting the back of the players that are the best available and bust their bollocks all year round. And I bet my bottom dollar a good shot of the hurlers on the ditch (I’m different I’m off the ditch) complaining tonight will be perked in front of the tele Sunday instead of shouting on the rebels.

No Sean O Donoughue, Jack O Connor, Alan Connolly, Mark Coleman, Cathal Cormack, Conor O Callaghan, Alan Cadogan, Eoin Roche, Sean O Leary Hayes, Daire O Leary, Sam Quirke, Daire Connery, Cormac Beausang, Darragh Flynn...
Eoin Downey of course Colin Walsh and Ben Cunningham.....
O'Donoghue, Connolly, Coleman and Downey are the 4 out of that list who would make our starting 15 stronger and obviously none of them can play.

The others are in no way significantly better than anyone on the named matchday squad.

O'Donoghue, Connolly, Coleman and Downey are the 4 out of that list who would make our starting 15 stronger and obviously none of them can play.

The others are in no way significantly better than anyone on the named matchday squad.
Downey be back for Tipp game. You’d have to assume ODonoghue won’t seeing as he isn’t in the 26. Coleman and Connelly longer term

It’s the highlight of my year each year to hear the absolute dinosaurs on this forum complain about the team before they’ve hit a ball in championship. There’s nothing wrong with thinking the team isn’t good enough and that you don’t think they can go far but you’d want to be some donkey thinking that there’s better players available (and fully fit) to be starting/in the 26. Everyone got their go in the league some took it some didn’t and there’s no doubt that’s extremely close to the best 26 we have available and fit in the county. It’s fairly obvious to see who hear wouldn’t know a hurley from a brush. I’m sick to my teeth of clowns insulting the back of the players that are the best available and bust their bollocks all year round. And I bet my bottom dollar a good shot of the hurlers on the ditch (I’m different I’m off the ditch) complaining tonight will be perked in front of the tele Sunday instead of shouting on the rebels.
Agreed best players available giving up their lives and doing their best for ppl entertainment. Dont forget from what I hear a good few of these lads will be sitting exams from tomorrow onwards. Thet have enough on their plates besides being slated for doing their best.
That should be their priorty. As long as they give 100% im happy.

Thank you!
Needed to be said.
Thankfully online commentary isn't representative of what the majority of people think (I think!), you'll get a disproportionate amount of absolute fecking miseries on here writing Cork off and slating players.

I came on here to join in the craic and excitement about the game, then I read a few posts and remembered where I was :ROFLMAO:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

19th Aug 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Brewhouse Jazz

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼