Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Saw at least two Clare players try to hook /block a Likerick player despite having lost their hurley. Would many Cork players do the same?
Probably not because they would be smart enough to know that trying to hook by grabbing/playing a mans hurley with your hands when he's swinging it is a foul, and trying to block down a hurley while he's swinging it is a recipe for a few broken fingers (have seen it happen)

I see the arguing is continuing in my absence, must make ye think who is really at fault for it

Anyway, back to the Cork hurlers, 6/7 days to go and not a peep about the game.

Tim will have to start, anything else is pure madness at this stage, he brings a physical presence and a manic workrate we badly lack, himself and Connolly could cause wreck inside.

The only other question then is does Ger Millerick force his way back in to the team? I don’t think he will as defensively we are doing well.

Looking foward to my first visit to belfast

Was Simon Kennefick dropped from the panel or was it injury enforced ?
Did not realise he was out for a good while injured ....i think he should be involved himself and Deccie Dalton hopefully will get back in again
What was Kennefick s injury ??

Probably not because they would be smart enough to know that trying to hook by grabbing/playing a mans hurley with your hands when he's swinging it is a foul, and trying to block down a hurley while he's swinging it is a recipe for a few broken fingers (have seen it happen)

Spot on.

looks like path to the final is Antrim, Galway and then Limerick(assuming Clare are also in the semis so they would play KK). One free weekend between the qf and sf.

<
I see the arguing is continuing in my absence, must make ye think who is really at fault for it

Anyway, back to the Cork hurlers, 6/7 days to go and not a peep about the game.

Tim will have to start, anything else is pure madness at this stage, he brings a physical presence and a manic workrate we badly lack, himself and Connolly could cause wreck inside.

The only other question then is does Ger Millerick force his way back in to the team? I don’t think he will as defensively we are doing well.

Looking foward to my first visit to belfast
alright R&B- Safe travels to Belfast.

On Mellerick, I can’t see where he starts. DC is not a great defender IMO but he fits the purpose of a defensive unit. Can see him start FB, love Downey but not as a FB. Would start him as a 5. 100% regarding the full forward line, if ever we needed proof on what is needed to compete then Clare showed us a template. We can’t have any player who is not going to play without manic workrate, this needs to be the fulcrum and AC and TOM offer that. It’s not Hoggies game to do this and if we are to compete then the selectors have to be bold.
Looking past Antrim, I know each game as it comes but still looking past Antrim. We have nothing to fear against Galway, they look leggy for 2 years and I fancy us if we work like animals.

Hotting up

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼