Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The Highway Man

But that is just it, no one here is giddy, you are imagining it because you are clearly a little simple.
I have offended you and for that I am dearly sorry. I hope this gets to you but it's probably Bath time and Coldplay is on while you ponder what cheeky little Pale Ale you will have in Thurles Sunday. Wokedom can be cured and i wish you well.

TheOutdoorThreadmill

Poster of Savage Greatness.
I have offended you and for that I am dearly sorry. I hope this gets to you but it's probably Bath time and Coldplay is on while you ponder what cheeky little Pale Ale you will have in Thurles Sunday. Wokedom can be cured and i wish you well.
Nope, not offended at all, just pointing out that you are quite simple and imagining things that were never said. You should get that seen to, do you hear voices as well? Clearly you also need to garner some information on wokedom.

No need to explain boy, you’re opinion is one of the most valued on here

Hope to god we have turned a corner tactically and mentally, we will know on Sunday
Tactically I'd be confident we have.

Mentally, the jury is still out. And even if we win on Sunday it will still be out.

Only when we play Limerick again be that later this year (hopefully) or next year and the lads show they are willing to go to the bitter end no matter if we are 5 or 6 down and physically go after Limerick even if its a lost cause will I be of the opinion that mentally something has changed.

I can begrudgingly accept that currently Limerick are better then us but I cannot accept Limerick bullying us and our lads taking it.

mathuna

Tactically I'd be confident we have.

Mentally, the jury is still out. And even if we win on Sunday it will still be out.
Agree Vlad. At least it looks like the penny has dropped that selecting defenders in defence, midfielders in midfield and forwards up front is the best way to go. That and dispensing with the tiki taka/backwards passing nonsense are two leaps forward. That in turn should help fuel lads belief that we can achieve 'something'.

I can't see us or anyone else beating LK though. If they're healthy they're a beast of a team right now. They have a host of brilliant players who are better than anyone any other team has (except Tony Kelly). List the top 10 players in the country right now in your head and see when you land on someone outside LK/TK.

They have a host of brilliant players who are better than anyone any other team has (except Tony Kelly). List the top 10 players in the country right now in your head and see when you land on someone outside LK/TK.
Nicky Quaid
Sean Finn
Diarmuid Byrnes
Kyle Hayes
Cian Lynch
Gearoid Hegarty
Aaron Gillane

Tony Kelly
Austin Gleeson

That's the best 9 players in my view.

Throw in anyone of Mark Coleman, Sean O Donaghue, Tadhg De Burca, John Conlon, Conor Whealan, Eoin Cody, Danny Sutcliffe to make up the top 10.

Yep, couldn't argue with that. Could add Will O'Donoghue, Adrian Mullen and maybe Rory O'Connor into that mix. But its easy to see why LK are so far ahead when you lay them out like this. They could have 2-3 lads misfiring and still have 3-4 of the top 10 in the country playing well to carry them through.
TJ

Selection of top players in country right now:

Peter Dugga
Tony Kelly
John Conlon
Sean O'donoghue
Will O'Donoghue (Lim)
TJ Reid
Eoin Cody
Gearóid Hegarty (Lim)
Cian Lynch (Lim)
Dessie Hutchinson
Diarmuid Byrnes (Lim)
Tom Morrisey (Lim)
Rory O'connor
Conor Wheelan
Shane Conway
Conor Lehane

Saying that Limerick have all the top 10 players in the country is an absolutely ludicrous statement.
They probably have 3 or 4 in top 10. With other counties having 1 or 2 (Cork, Clare, Kilkenny, etc)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Fist Of Pure Emotion
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

19th Nov 2022 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Cafe & Wine Bar, Today @ 9pm

View more events ▼