Cork Footballers

Yeah, got carried away. Sorry bout that!
No no, Top notch stuff, a lot to unpack etc.

but really I was only here to see if there was any news about the panel (any word on Cathail O’Mahoney), talk of potential Sam Maguire Groups (Dublin Mayo, Derry Cork has a relatively high chance of turning up), bitching about fitness, selections, tactics, lack of heart / effort, a bias towards /against my club etc.

but really I was only here to see if there was any news about the panel (any word on Cathail O’Mahoney), talk of potential Sam Maguire Groups (Dublin Mayo, Derry Cork has a relatively high chance of turning up), bitching about fitness, selections, tactics, lack of heart / effort, a bias towards /against my club etc.
I went wildly off topic for the thread. What you're here for is the right stuff.

Yeah, got carried away. Sorry bout that!
You have a good point though. I have found myself having less and less interest in the IC game. The AI qualification and matches system is convoluted and thus hard to follow. It's all happening in April. The matches are becoming 'products' and short-term revenue maximisation seems to be Croke Park's aim. A surprise result means little in a league system and it is really boiling down to two or three teams as AI winners in both codes. What the GAA was operating pre-pandemic was a far better championship setup. I think I saw that Jarlath Burns wants to reconsider having September AI finals - that would be a good move.
All said, the club game for youngsters will continue to do well by comparison because it is more simple and traditional in structure and a bit more fun.

Sometimes I do get over-carried-away with a self-assessed wisdom of my own opinion....!

Anyway, it's rule 5.41 football. See https://www.gaa.ie/api/images/image/private/t_q-best/prd/snhrjdgiuudoyr3wxyol.pdf.
5.39 When an Aggressive Foul is drawn to the Referee’s attention by a Score Umpire, Line Umpire or Sideline Official, the Referee may apply the appropriate penalty as per Rule 5, and shall restart play as per Rule 2

Rule 5.41 says it all but 5.39 has me totally baffled. Now there are 3 sets of peepers to help the ref make his decision. Who is this "Sideline Official" that's invisible on match day?

So, I know it's unlikely to have an impact - but for the sake of splitting hairs.

Westmeath are ahead of Kildare in the pecking order for Sam Maguire places based on their winning Div 3 and Kidare being relegated from Div 2.

Looking at the teams that beat Kildare, and the teams that Westmeath beat I chinny reckon that's not fair.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Hollie McNish
Wavelength (Cyprus Ave Rooftop)

9th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Not How When!

The Pav, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼