Cork Footballers

After losing at home to Cavan, our season was in danger of collapse.

Going to Fermanagh and Meath was always going to be tough.

However, winning 3 in row is huge. If we can beat Armagh then we go into the championship full of confidence

Delighted for them well done
Corbett is a star
Can’t see Armagh taking next week serious so should be another win and hopefully get a run for some other fellas
How was powter today ?

Delighted for them well done
Corbett is a star
Can’t see Armagh taking next week serious so should be another win and hopefully get a run for some other fellas
How was powter today ?
Corbett was superb. Got players invovled and kicked good scores and finished his goal. Powter was his usual self. He was named at centre forward but I thought he would go back sweeping but he played like a centre forward. He cut them open a good few times, kicked a lovely score , should have got an another few points and set up a few scores too. He made two massive turnovers in front of the stand side that lifted the few cork fans that travelled .

Chris Kelly was impressive again, caught a dangerous ball into the square for the last few minutes.

All round, delighted to see that pr!ck O Rourke packjng

Corbett was excellent today, powter his typical robust self. Cronin and sherlock changed the attack when they came on into a more potent force. Surely if it comes down to Brian v Sherlock now sherlock has to get the nod?
Colm o Callaghan was immense also he’s become the midfielder we needed. You’d have to think the team for the armagh game will be experimental, I just hope Cleary doesnt change the middle 8 too much and starve sherlock of his ball to justify including hurley.

Chris Kelly has been exceptionally good in goal and exudes everything you want and need in an intercounty goalkeeper nowadays.

Would love to see Cronin giving the license to express himself with the passes he clearly sees. I think he can give Chris òg, sherlock and Corbett the ball to thrive with BOD and maybe even powter alongside him. Possibly too attacking but by God with the right platform they’d be excellent. Chris Òg could drift to fill 10 space and Powter could have the free role he needs to be a real star.

We are on the up.

I was very optimistic about this sides potential after last season. We came good late on in the league and did very well in the championship, beating Roscommon and Mayo. We probably would have beaten Kerry too but for a disgraceful penalty decision by David Gough. If we had beaten Kerry, we would have had an extra weeks break and that would have been ideal.

I felt that we just needed our forward line to be more clinical - we weren't far off Derry but missed scores at vital times.

It looked as if all the good work was undone this season but the injury time goal by Shanley changed everything. It could be one of the most important scores in recent times.

Now our forwards are clicking - BOD, Chris Og and Corbett are much more effective this season and we are getting contributions from Cronin and Sherlock also.

Another good run in the championship would be a major help in the development

Perspective needed ffs - they have beaten the 2 relegated teams and a team who had nothing to play for in the last 10 minutes. They deserve credit but this team is what it is - an average middle of the road division 2 team.
Beat Armagh and they are guaranteed Sam Maguire football otherwise a couple of poor results could upset that also

Excellent turn around in the season.
Corbett is the big difference in the last few games for me. Our attack functions so much better with him around as a real marquee attacking focal point inside that D.
He has had a rough transition into senior after a couple of years ago people talking about Corbett as our own Clifford. Great to see him taking the stage.
I haven’t been this impressed by a Cork forward since probably Colm O’Neill.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Red Hot Chilli Pipers
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

9th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼