Cork Footballers

Jones was excellent bar the mental breakdown on the end line. Surely that was a goal had he picked it up no?

He is quite important to the team when he’s got a clear head. Let’s hope his overall performance two weeks in a row brings him on.

I hope Hurley is back but only if the team realizes that he isn’t option a, b and c. They proved that’s not the only way they can win. Going back to that set up will doom any chance next week.

My rating of the players today Martin (2/10). How can a player who has consistently shown he cannot kick out the ball keep getting selected? For good measure he panics when presented with a forward in close attention. Brutal. Walsh (6) did ok. Growing into his frame. Will be ok Maguire (7) good in attack. Nervy in defence. Always likely to be selected given the manager. Shanley (4) ok. But offers nothing when in possession Fahy (4) frustratingly inconsistent. Cork not a force while he is in the team O’Mahony (6) not Inter-County standard by a long shot. But will do until better comes along Taylor (7) offers a lot going forward. Under pressure when defending but maybe that’s a midfield issue Maguire & O’Callaghan (5) broke even against a poor Roscommon midfield. Early promise not being delivered on O’Driscoll (3). Offers absolutely nothing in attack. Nothing. Only for Deane he would be the worst forward in the team. And sloppy in defence. What was he brought back for ? Deane (2). I’ve given up. Negative in every aspect. Big, strong and athletic do not a footballer make O’Hanlon (3) plays for a junior club and it shows. Maybe all that early promise got sapped by injury. Whatever it is he offers nothing now. Taken off yet again. Powter (5). Energetic and enthusiastic. But the man cannot defend. Gives away silly frees that get U12s taken off. Should not be used in a defensive capacity McSweeny (4). I upped his rating when compared to the half forwards. Maybe I overrated O’Driscoll Sherlock (6). The best scoring forward we have. But no pace unfortunately. Which is a shame as he is a damn fine footballer and appears to be a hell of nice chap. I’d still have play a part every day Clancy (3) the best tattooed footballer in cork. Unfortunately that’s all he offers Jones (3) that effort to pick the ball when he kicked it over the end line sums him up. Corbett (7) coming on nicely. Shows he has the composure to make a scoring forward. Not a work horse which won’t help him get selected given how the modern managers love those GPS stats.

My rating of the players today Martin (2/10). How can a player who has consistently shown he cannot kick out the ball keep getting selected? For good measure he panics when presented with a forward in close attention. Brutal. Walsh (6) did ok. Growing into his frame. Will be ok Maguire (7) good in attack. Nervy in defence. Always likely to be selected given the manager. Shanley (4) ok. But offers nothing when in possession Fahy (4) frustratingly inconsistent. Cork not a force while he is in the team O’Mahony (6) not Inter-County standard by a long shot. But will do until better comes along Taylor (7) offers a lot going forward. Under pressure when defending but maybe that’s a midfield issue Maguire & O’Callaghan (5) broke even against a poor Roscommon midfield. Early promise not being delivered on O’Driscoll (3). Offers absolutely nothing in attack. Nothing. Only for Deane he would be the worst forward in the team. And sloppy in defence. What was he brought back for ? Deane (2). I’ve given up. Negative in every aspect. Big, strong and athletic do not a footballer make O’Hanlon (3) plays for a junior club and it shows. Maybe all that early promise got sapped by injury. Whatever it is he offers nothing now. Taken off yet again. Powter (5). Energetic and enthusiastic. But the man cannot defend. Gives away silly frees that get U12s taken off. Should not be used in a defensive capacity McSweeny (4). I upped his rating when compared to the half forwards. Maybe I overrated O’Driscoll Sherlock (6). The best scoring forward we have. But no pace unfortunately. Which is a shame as he is a damn fine footballer and appears to be a hell of nice chap. I’d still have play a part every day Clancy (3) the best tattooed footballer in cork. Unfortunately that’s all he offers Jones (3) that effort to pick the ball when he kicked it over the end line sums him up. Corbett (7) coming on nicely. Shows he has the composure to make a scoring forward. Not a work horse which won’t help him get selected given how the modern managers love those GPS stats.

Jesus, use some paragraphs

Great win and this team are getting better with each game , i wouldn’t be afraid of anyone but I suppose I’d rather not get Dublin as we will hold our own against the northerners. I’m quietly optimistic that we have as good a chance as anyone now the only thing that might go against us is tiredness with so many games over last 5 weeks. Rebels Abu 😄

O Hanlon plays for a junior club?

Hard to believe we won the game with that assessment.

If I read that report without knowing the result I'd presume we lost by about 8/9 points

The circus is in town anyway you absolute clown.
L'Equipe might recruit you with your low ratings of performances. Kilshannig are Premier Intermediate as well, bit of a far cry from a junior club. Eejit.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
JJ Walsh's, 64 Oliver Plunkett St.

29th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼