Cork Footballers

When did he say this. Jesus I wouldn’t is one the most exciting to come in the last 10 years. He has been on the panel for the last 3 years and I’ve only seen him play well once against Kerry.
Not many have scored goals like he did v Offaly and Limerick too last year. Important games for the progression of this team. Last year was his first real injury free year and did well. Hopefully a lot more to come!

Cathail O'Mahony's comments about hurling being more enjoyable to play paint a picture. I think when one of the most exciting prospects to come out of Cork football in a decade says something like that it shows you the real crux of the problem. If you've a chance to play one or the other for Cork, you're going to choose hurling.
Bit of a stretch. You could have maybe gotten away with that 2 years ago when he was out of u21, but he hasn’t adapted to senior well at all.

Also I wouldn’t read too much into what he said. He’s comparing junior hurling to I/C football. There’s obviously a far less cautious and tactical approach to play in junior hurling. The senior I/C game of hurling is a different beast. And beginning to resemble football in the middle third.

Cathail O'Mahony's comments about hurling being more enjoyable to play paint a picture. I think when one of the most exciting prospects to come out of Cork football in a decade says something like that it shows you the real crux of the problem. If you've a chance to play one or the other for Cork, you're going to choose hurling.

Also I'd be very strong on the opinion that Mark Keane is a much better hurler than footballer, as would many in his local area. Whether he's intercouty level is up for continued debate but i wouldn't lynch the lad for giving it a go!
Keane being considered in the half back line this year are the rumours.

Joyce has to be centre-back, Cork's best player in 2022. He has proven at both U-20 and senior levels he is ready made for the position. If Cork needed to mould a centre-back then Robert or Eoin Downey may be worth considering but the necessity isn't there with Joyce at 6.

I saw Mark Keane playing last Sunday and on too many occasions he was beaten to the pitch of the ball by a 38 year old. Keane did sweep and get on a lot of ball but his deliveries were poor at times. He didn't dominate in the air like he did in the previous game. If he's in the Cork half-back line I don't think it should be centre-back.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Old Moderns

Clancys, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼