Cork Footballers

Just double checking is there anyone else left from the Haven that we could draft in?? 😂😂 Joke..
Actually, looking at my copy of the printed program now and I see that Cathal, while on the internet-published panel of 30, was not on the matchday 26.

So basically on Sunday, the Haven had one player on the matchday 26, and he played 3/4 or so of the game (or perhaps a bit more - I don't recall what minute he was replaced in).

Eire Og had two on the starting 15.
Douglas had two on the starting 15.
Kanturk had two on the starting 15.
Knocknagree had two on the matchday panel, one of those on the starting 15.
The Barrs had had two on the matchday panel, one who played the full game and another who came on.
Nemo had 3 on the matchday 26. All subs, but one of those came on.
Clon had 2 on the matchday 26 (post edited to fix that) - both came on.

I hold no candle for the Haven - I live a long way from there and have no roots/connections there. But I think the vibe that too many Haven players are involved is totally unfounded in fact. Years ago there used to be the same thing said about Billy and Nemo - I didn't think that had any foundation in fact either.

From what I have seen, the management are doing their best to have the best Cork team playing, regardless of club. We'll all disagree with some selections of course.

Last edited:
Actually, looking at my copy of the printed program now and I see that Cathal, while on the internet-published panel of 30, was not on the matchday 26.

So basically on Sunday, the Haven had one player on the matchday 26, and he played 3/4 or so of the game (or perhaps a bit more - I don't recall what minute he was replaced in).

Eire Og had two on the starting 15.
Douglas had two on the starting 15.
Kanturk had two on the starting 15.
Knocknagree had two on the matchday panel, one of those on the starting 15.
The Barrs had had two on the matchday panel, one who played the full game and another who came on.
Nemo had 3 on the matchday 26. All subs, but one of those came on.
Clon had 2 on the matchday 15 - both came on.

I hold no candle for the Haven - I live a long way from there and have no roots/connections there. But I think the vibe that too many Haven players are involved is totally unfounded in fact. Years ago there used to be the same thing said about Billy and Nemo - I didn't think that had any foundation in fact either.

From what I have seen, the management are doing their best to have the best Cork team playing, regardless of club. We'll all disagree with some selections of course.
Hard to fault this and I agree.
In the league tho there did tend to be a 'West Cork Mafia' approach, league is for trialing to be fair. The championship team is a bit different from the league and definitely up there as our strongest team so no more complaints. (as of now)

I'd say online is way to go. Let's all pile in online at 11am and get a decent crowd down there next Saturday. We're going to win there some year - make sure you don't miss it when we do!!

FYI, the seating (in the covered stand anyway) is general admission, i.e. no assigned seats (I just now purchased mine). Juveniles €5 - you couldn't beat it! - https://am.ticketmaster.com/gaa/munstersfc

For those who prefer the terrace, the 10 day weather forecast is looking good for Saturday-week (albeit you know how that could change!!!).

i logged on at 25 past and they wouldnt sell me more than 1 stand ticket. surely an error with ticketmaster. no way demand is that high. Terrace is it. Better dig out the child of prague

Went with the terrace myself. There is something about standing come Munster championship !!
When the kids were small, I used to bring a little foldable stool for each, get in early, and get by one of those barrier things. So they could stand on the stools in the terrace and still see the match even though they were smaller than the standing adults. Only sharing here in case somebody else is in the same situation now.

1712745297711.png

i logged on at 25 past and they wouldnt sell me more than 1 stand ticket. surely an error with ticketmaster. no way demand is that high. Terrace is it. Better dig out the child of prague
I had logged in at 11am, and I got one adult and 2 juveniles in the stand. But yeah, now I see that there are no stand tickets at all.

Never really seem to start well in any matches but finish strong mostly It’d be great to actually get a lead down there and hold on to it and then finish strong A lot easier said than done Feeling very positive tbh it’s really a free go at them Nobody expects us to win and it’ll be the end of the world for them if they lose to us Let the “Kerry need a good Cork team to be playing “talk to begin

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cork Pride: Party At The Port
Kennedy Quay, Cork City

4th Aug 2024 @ 3:00 pm
More info..

Hot Blooded Animals

Coughlan's, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼